Axiom Home Page
Posted By: hammer Should I get another receiver for M60s? - 11/10/03 12:06 AM
I just bought the M60s (they should arrive Wed.). I will have to connect them to an old receiver (Onkyo TX-830) as finances permit at this time. It works very well and puts out 60 W/ch at 8 Ohms. Will I need to get better receiver to get the most out of the M60s? FYI, I do not plan to use for home theater at all (that is another story)
Thanks for the advice
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Should I get another receiver for M60s? - 11/10/03 12:58 AM
I'd say no. When you want to get a new receiver, and as finances permit, go for it. But you should get excellent sound from the M60s with any working, reasonable quality receiver.
Posted By: sushi Re: Should I get another receiver for M60s? - 11/10/03 01:25 AM
The M60s are efficient (sensitive) speakers, and 60W/ch is plenty, unless you are listening at unusually loud volumes in a very large room. I don't see any reasons for the Onkyo receiver not to perform adequately for the M60s.
Posted By: hammer Re: Should I get another receiver for M60s? - 11/10/03 02:37 AM
Thanks for the advice.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Should I get another receiver for M60s? - 11/10/03 05:54 AM
Your Onkyo should work fine. Could you get better performance from a higher end receiver/amp? Yes. But you're Onkyo will perform just fine.

Enjoy your new speakers!
© Axiom Message Boards