Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MIKEY HD Video vs PVR's - 11/17/03 06:59 PM
I would like to know if the few HD video recorders still on the market are worth the money ? They do record HD signals and play them back in perfect HD sight and sound..
Based on old school technoloy as far as their transport system I question their lifetime ?
I would use this to record HD off air programing for playback on the Mits.. For HD viewing you must use special tape, but you can also use regular tapes for non-HD playback..
Personal Video Records such as TiVo are all the rage.. I understand that they have a hugh memory capacity (30 plus hrs?), but the image is not recorded in HD..
My question, has anyone AB'd an HD program (live or taped) against any type of PVR ? Please state what you viewed this on, such as CRT, rear projection, or Sushi projection..
I would guess the number of us with HD recievers is still low, but someone out here just may have done this, and it never hurts to ask..
I have a chance to pick up a new Mits HS-HD2000U for around 250 US.. Not a bad deal, but that's ball park for PVR's ?
Anyone have any thoughts on this ?
Posted By: snippy Re: HD Video vs PVR's - 11/17/03 09:18 PM
You can often get the JVC HDM300000 for $250 and it also plays HD D-VHS 1080i movie tapes. It sells for that much at sites like www.clubmac.com
Posted By: MIKEY Re: HD Video vs PVR's - 11/18/03 12:28 AM
Thanks snippy.. I'll check it out.. Good to know that the prices on these units are going down.. Still wouldn't mind having one.. Give them a few more months, they might drop below 200 ?
© Axiom Message Boards