Axiom Home Page
Posted By: lutefisk Axiom model name confusion. What is SE? - 11/26/03 01:39 AM
Hi All, This is my first post! Kudos to all who have posted here and helped me get some GREAT speakers. I currently have M22ti SE, VP150 SE and QS8 teamed with two Hsu VTF-2 subs. My question to all Axiom gurus is this. What do the model letters SE stand for? What is the difference between SE and non-SE models? They almost seem to interchange. Are the SE models most current or older? I've tried doing a search for this, but cannot find an answer since SE is two letters. Thanks for your help.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Axiom model name confusion. What is SE? - 11/26/03 01:52 AM
I don't think there is a difference.

Alan?

Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom model name confusion. What is SE? - 11/26/03 04:32 AM
SE usually stands for second edition. as in the M80's the first models had a different tweeter/woofer arrangement.

Thats why the new model is the M80tiSE
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Axiom model name confusion. What is SE? - 11/26/03 01:53 PM
i think the se models come with heated seats and leather wrapped steering wheel. opps sorry, that's my truck.
dan
Posted By: alan Re: Axiom model name confusion. What is SE? - 11/26/03 09:06 PM
Hi Lutefisk,

Axiom has dropped the "SE" designation. It denoted a slight change in the molding of the cabinet edges. There is no acoustical or performance difference in any of the earlier SE models and the current models.

Regards,
Posted By: lutefisk Re: Axiom model name confusion. What is SE? - 11/26/03 11:35 PM
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the clarification on the "SE" designation. I learned something Axiom today! I'd better go listen to them now...

P & O.

Doug
actually alan is wrong

in the manual it says it stands for Sexy Edition
in truth, the only difference between SE and non SE is that the edges of the speaker are rounded, whereas in the non-SE version they are straight. Or vice versa. Or something.
© Axiom Message Boards