Axiom Home Page
Posted By: lutefisk What speaker mods you have done? - 12/22/03 01:49 PM
What Axiom speakers modifications have you done and why? Please list model. Do these void any warranty? Would you do it again? Thanks.

Posted By: Haoleb Re: What speaker mods you have done? - 12/22/03 04:28 PM
i Thought about modding the xover with high quality componets before. Even though axiom says that its as best as it can be, i have heard from others that did it, that it makes a good improvement. Parts would probbly be around 50 bucks so i havent taken the plunge yet. probbly never will.
Posted By: Saturn Re: What speaker mods you have done? - 12/22/03 06:33 PM
I wa going to put some J. Lo stickers on my Axioms to make it look more bootilicious but she has been getting bad press lately.

Posted By: 2x6spds Re: What speaker mods you have done? - 12/23/03 06:13 AM
I modified a pair of M22-like Michaura M55s - replaced the caps with giant "D" cell size Jensen paper/oil capacitors, swapped the resistors with Caddocks, pulled the fuse, put in some egg carton foam damping materials from partsexpress.com. They Sound great!

I'd think twice before doing that to a pair of Axioms.
Posted By: Zarak Re: What speaker mods you have done? - 12/23/03 12:40 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't want to mess with my Axioms and change the sound I originally was looking for in the first place.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: What speaker mods you have done? - 12/24/03 04:03 AM
You go girl!
Posted By: Saturn Re: What speaker mods you have done? - 12/24/03 04:29 AM
Awww great!....your back.....
and I was having so much fun when you were not around
Posted By: spiffnme Re: What speaker mods you have done? - 12/24/03 07:52 AM
Now play nice Saturn. There's plenty of bandwidth for both of you to clown around.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: What speaker mods you have done? - 12/24/03 08:39 AM
my back?
Posted By: Hawkson101 Re: What speaker mods you have done? - 12/24/03 10:18 PM
M22-like Michaura M55s
what is that?
i see that every time you post but i have no clue what it is

Posted By: Zarak Re: What speaker mods you have done? - 12/25/03 01:53 AM
Michaura has an M55 speaker. It is very similar in sound to the M22. If I recall my speaker history correctly Axiom was somehow involved in the design of that speaker (or someone that is now at Axiom) when it was originally created.
© Axiom Message Boards