Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cblake Speaker cable link - 01/20/04 06:32 PM
Hi everybody,

Well I'm really not here to pick a fight, but I found an interesting link on the Internet when searching for theories about audio cable. One that I initially thought was just bashing all audio cables is TNT audio - naked truth.

At the end of the day, he is probably right that marketing drives much of the A/V cable industry, particularly companies like Monster Cable, but there is legitimate theory out there. His particular discussions relate to inductance and capitance, and their effects on interconnects versus speaker wire. The maxwell & skin effects are real, though the subjective impact will always be debated.

enjoy,
Cooper
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Speaker cable link - 01/21/04 02:05 AM
I will always be skeptical of anybody who believes speaker wires have polarity and require break-in.

Mark
Posted By: BrenR Re: Speaker cable link - 01/21/04 06:23 AM
My theory again... why would I need better cable for my home stereo than the original production company used to record/master the audio I'm listening to?

Bren R.
Forum Admin
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Speaker cable link - 01/21/04 08:08 AM
You best not listen to any Mapleshade recordings, then.
Posted By: Stbean Re: Speaker cable link - 02/19/04 10:52 PM
"My theory again... why would I need better cable for my home stereo than the original production company used to record/master the audio I'm listening to? "

Hehe. Thats true.
It's gonna be only as good as the source.
Posted By: Michael_A Re: Speaker cable link - 02/20/04 08:22 PM
Right on brother man...

I've worked with many pro & semi pro musicians. You know what brand of mic cables and instrument cables they use?

Whichever one is closest. I've NEVER seen one of them pick up a cable, check the brand, and throw it back on the pile. They only get thrown back (into a different pile) when they hum or buzz.

Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Speaker cable link - 02/21/04 02:50 AM
Microphone cables?
Posted By: Michael_A Re: Speaker cable link - 02/21/04 10:29 PM
In reply to:

Microphone cables?

OK.. you got me... This is a speaker cable discussion. But a microphone is like a speaker in reverse, eh?

Posted By: BrenR Re: Speaker cable link - 02/22/04 05:45 PM
Mic cable - balanced with XLRs

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards