Axiom Home Page
Posted By: f155mph Help with my speakers - 01/23/04 05:35 PM
I was cleaning my M3ti and I notice one of the tweeter was loose. So I tried to tighten it and only the two screws on top will tighten. The bottom two seems to be stripped. I put some glue to keep them in place since they are the only speakers I have and to prevent further damage. I email Joe on this issue. I was wondering if anyone else here have any suggestion.....

Thanks
JL
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Help with my speakers - 01/23/04 07:43 PM
For stripped screws, I often put a piece of a flat, wooden toothpick into the hole before putting the screw in.
Posted By: badger98 Re: Help with my speakers - 01/23/04 08:33 PM
Love the toothpick trick. A few pieces of toothpick sets the thread quite nicely.
Posted By: md55 Re: Help with my speakers - 01/23/04 09:23 PM
Add a drop of carpenters glue to the hole before you push the toothpicks in and they will become permanent and provide better grab for the screw.
Posted By: f155mph Re: Help with my speakers - 01/24/04 04:16 PM
Actually is not the screws that are stripped, its the holes. Will the toothpick trick do the same and how well will it hold?
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Help with my speakers - 01/24/04 05:31 PM
uh yeah, thats what theyre talking about. lol.

Another more drastic thing you could do is take some of that "quick steel" epoxy putty and stick it in the hole, let it dry then drill out the proper amount and screw it back in. never tried it myself but i dont see why it wouldnt work.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Help with my speakers - 01/24/04 07:30 PM
K.I.S.S.

Stick with the toothpicks.
© Axiom Message Boards