Axiom Home Page
This is my first post and I'm a brand new home theater owner. I have the Epic 60 with a vp150 and a Ep175 hooked up to a Yamaha rxv1400 and I love it.

But...I just started using a DVR through Time Warner Cable so I can watch the digital surround sound movies on my schedule. When I play a movie that I've recorded the digital audio keeps cutting in and out. I tried 3 different DVR boxes, but they all have the same result. The DVR box doubles as a digital cable box and I have no problem with the digital sound if I'm watching the movie live.

Has anybody experienced the digital audio cutting out when using a DVR? Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if I can help or not, but have had a problem with digital audio with Time Warner as well. I have a high definition cable box offered through TW. On certain high definition channels I would get audio also going in and out. Sometimes it would correct itself, but on one particular channel it would not. When I had TW come out, they didn't seem to know what the problem was, but said I had one of the older boxes, so theu replaced it with a newer high def cable box. Problem solved! You said this is your third box, so I am assuming you have had TW out to try and fix the problem. I am thinking maybe see if they have a different make or model box you can try. Just a suggestion. Hope this may help.
Thanks. I actually did the testing on the 3 boxes myself. I have a technician coming out on Saturday so maybe he might be able to help.

Will a HD cable box work on a non-HDTV? Do they have HD DVRs?

In reply to:

Will a HD cable box work on a non-HDTV?

Probably not. It probably outputs the video at a fixed 1080i which a non-HDTV won't be able to display.

In reply to:

Do they have HD DVRs?

Hughes HD DirecTiVo is due out in two months. None others are available to my knowledge outside of building a computer to do it.
As a DirecTivo user, I troll the user boards via AVS Forum. The audio dropout you mention seems to happen to various users w/ varying equipment. Most of the time it's due to the signal source (cable or satellite company) and not the audio equipment or the set top box. Here I mean that it could be an issue w/ Time Warner or Comcast transmitting the signals.
© Axiom Message Boards