Axiom Home Page
Posted By: KCSkins Tweeter resistor installation question- - 03/09/04 08:06 PM
I just received my tweeter resistors last night, but since there are no instructions, I want to be sure I'm doing it right.

Do they go on the blue wire or the white one? I'm guessing the blue because of the way the couplings fit, but I don't want to risk a thing at this point. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Kevin
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Tweeter resistor installation question- - 03/09/04 10:32 PM
i dont know exactly how they install, but if they have those quick clip things, you need to install it on the corresponding size commector. From the sound of things, its the blue and actually i dont think that it technically matters.

Right now ive got my speakers hooked up "out of phase" , but not out of phase from eachother. because my preamp. but anyway thats a diff story.
Posted By: KCSkins Re: Tweeter resistor installation question- - 03/10/04 06:13 PM
Thanks, bud. You are correct that the clips on the tweeters do have different sizes. The resistor came with a bigger-sized clip, so that's the one it fit into. Joe from customer service wrote me back to confirm that this was correct, too. Again, yet another example of great customer service from Axiom.

The sound is pretty amazing, now, too.

Thanks for the help.
Posted By: littleb Re: Tweeter resistor installation question- - 03/30/04 02:56 AM
I recently installed resistors on m22s. There are now less fatiguing, but I wonder what I may have lost in the process?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Tweeter resistor installation question- - 03/30/04 06:54 AM
only our respect.

j/k
Posted By: littleb Re: Tweeter resistor installation question- - 03/30/04 01:51 PM
Ouch
Posted By: littleb Re: Tweeter resistor installation question- - 04/02/04 07:48 PM
I removed those buggers. I found that the dynamic quality of the 22s had more or less disappeared. I couldn't live with that.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Tweeter resistor installation question- - 04/02/04 08:42 PM
we like you again.
Posted By: littleb Re: Tweeter resistor installation question- - 04/02/04 09:49 PM
I'm so happy!!!
© Axiom Message Boards