Axiom Home Page
Posted By: anamosity Cleaning screen on RPTV - 03/14/04 01:09 AM
I have last years model mits 65" widescreen HDTV capable tv. My problem is we removed the diamond shield. Now our catr has taken to sitting on top of the tv. But when she gets down she places her paws on the screen. Now we have little kitty prints on the screen. ITs the ridged plexiglass like screen under the diamond shield that I am wanting to clean. Any insights to getting this done easily myself?
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Cleaning screen on RPTV - 03/14/04 03:11 AM
What a cat-astrophe. When I paws to reflect on this I think that a lens cleaning fluid and tissue may be the purrfect solution.

Or you could contact your local store and see what they recommend.

or distilled water and a microfiber cloth.

Posted By: Ray3 Re: Cleaning screen on RPTV - 03/14/04 05:21 PM
Very punny Ford!

I know I'm just catching on at the tail end of this, but I would claw through the Mits manual and see what they have to say. That should amewse you for a bit. Really, I'm not lion.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Cleaning screen on RPTV - 03/14/04 07:52 PM
I really like cats...

I use rubbing alcohol (excellent and cheapt) to clean CRT computer monitors and my CRT tv at home. but i wouldn't try that on anything other than glass without confirmation that it's OK first.
Posted By: Michael_A Re: Cleaning screen on RPTV - 03/15/04 02:42 PM
Eeeeeewwwww! It's got cat-spit on it!

(I assume that the marks are from little wet paws?)

When I had my RPTV calibrated, I was advised to use 2 clean, soft terry cloth towels. Take a bucket of warm water, and put 1 drop of dishwashing liquid in it. Soak 1 towel in it, and wring it out really well (no dripping at all). Fold it several times, and make a smooth "pad" out of it.

You'll notice that the ridges on your Mits' screen run vertically. Wipe only in 1 direction - either top down, or bottom up, but not side to side. Use very light pressure, and immediately dry each wipe with the dry towel. Again, use only vertical passes when drying.

I've done this twice, and it works great. If you're uncomfortable with this method, you can order a screen cleaning solution from the Mits parts & service 800 number. The number is in your owner's manual.
Posted By: anamosity Re: Cleaning screen on RPTV - 03/16/04 05:07 AM
thanks for all the replies, my wife enjoyed them greatly as she is a def cat person.
I will try the ideas posted and see how they work.
thanks
© Axiom Message Boards