Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ravi_singh less efficient speakers = better sound? - 04/21/04 03:49 AM
someone told me today less efficient speakers sound better.

i don't believe him at all.

has anyone ever heard/read anything about this?
Posted By: mhorgel Re: less efficient speakers = better sound? - 04/21/04 03:51 AM
I wouldn't think that efficiency and quality of sound have anything to do with one another.

Mark
Posted By: Haoleb Re: less efficient speakers = better sound? - 04/21/04 04:10 AM
yeah thats one of the stupidest things ive ever heard of.

He probbly came up with that idea by saying that Vega's are high eff and maggies arent. well, i think we all know which one probbly sounds better

Posted By: bigjohn Re: less efficient speakers = better sound? - 04/21/04 01:19 PM
HEY dammit!!!

quit talking bad about my VEGA LW-12.. its all i could afford at the time..

its REAL easy to get 'upgradeitis' around here when you keep hearing how crappy your equipment is!!

live and learn i guess. chalk it up as an enlightenment.. HSU or SVS, lesson learned..

bigjohn
Posted By: BrenR Re: less efficient speakers = better sound? - 04/21/04 04:59 PM
In reply to:

quit talking bad about my VEGA LW-12..

On the plus side - Vega's are almost bulletproof, no matter how much you'd like to er, accidentally, blow one - you can't.

Bren R.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: less efficient speakers = better sound? - 04/21/04 05:13 PM
thanks bren, a few kind words,,

to be honest, i have never really tested in a full HT situation, so i dont even really know what it can do. when i bought it, i was still 'building' my HT, and i knew VEGA was the king of bass, so i figured i couldnt go wrong.. if i knew than what i know now..

the whole up side to this whole deal is that i have never heard the SVS or the HSU, so i dont know what i am missing.

*note to self*- before i visit anyone, remind them to turn their sub OFF!!

bigjohn

© Axiom Message Boards