Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Todd Onkyo Receiver Question for anyone........ - 06/27/04 12:43 AM
I purchased the Onkyo 502. It has been about 10-15 years since I had a new receiver. On the Onkyo speaker setup, they have test tones for your speakers where you can increase the decibel level for the speakers. I am only running two channel stereo through M60's. My question is why or is their any reason to turn up the decibal level for the two speakers. Won't turning up the volume accomplish the same thing? I'm new to this. Can anyone tell me the benefits of turning the decibels up or down? Thanks......
Posted By: JohnK Re: Onkyo Receiver Question for anyone........ - 06/27/04 01:22 AM
Todd, this isn't as significant usually for a stereo setup as compared to multi-channel, but the idea isn't to just raise or lower the sound uniformly(which, as you say, the volume control can do)but to balance the sound level from each of the speakers. It's possible that even two speakers could have different sound levels at the listening position if their acoustic surroundings are significantly different.
© Axiom Message Boards