Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Zarak receiver problem - 10/12/04 12:14 PM
I came downstairs this morning and my receiver will not power on! I have the Onkyo SR600. I don't have time to troubleshoot before work this morning, but I thought I'd throw this out there to get some ideas. All I see lit up on the front is the red standyby light. I tried powering on with the remote and pressing the button directly on the receiver, but no luck. I'm 99% sure it is plugged in and all that stuff (haven't messed with anything back there, and the red light is on) but I will check that tonight. Any suggestions? Am I screwed? How long is Onkyo's warranty?
Posted By: Zarak Re: receiver problem - 10/12/04 12:22 PM
Ok, so I had a little time. I turned off the power strip it was plugged into. Waited a couple seconds, saw the standby light go off, turned it on again, and it works.

Was there a surge perhaps and it wouldn't turn back on? The volume was all the way down at 10 when I turned it on (normally around 60-70)
Posted By: Zarak Re: receiver problem - 10/12/04 12:24 PM
Ok, one final update....I lost all my settings too. I need to recalibrate the speaker levels now. It's like it got reset to factory defaults.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: receiver problem - 10/12/04 02:10 PM
i have the onkyo 701, and have never had anything like that happen. you might have gotten some sort of power surge, or power loss. check the owners manual when you get home and see if there is a possible explanation in the question and answer section in the back.

sure hope everyting turns out OK..

bigjohn
Posted By: Ken.C Re: receiver problem - 10/12/04 05:55 PM
Sounds like it crashed. (helpful, ain't I?)
Posted By: Ray3 Re: receiver problem - 10/13/04 01:00 AM
Ken, this is why I actively pursue your input.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: receiver problem - 10/13/04 04:29 AM
Hey, I've got clients who pay good money to hear me say that. That, and things like, "Yeah, it does that." "Try rebooting." "Toss the prefs, it should be fine." "Damned if I know."
Posted By: Zarak Re: receiver problem - 10/13/04 01:43 PM
Well, I got all the settings reconfigured (and documented them this time so I don't have to break out the SPL meter next time). I'm still not sure what happenned, but everything seems to be working ok again. The manual didn't help any.
© Axiom Message Boards