Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack Gender AV Equipment - 10/28/04 06:47 PM
Wouldn't this be nice equipment to add to your AV equipment?

Posted By: bray Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/28/04 06:56 PM
How true!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/28/04 07:06 PM
How about this:

Mens: Womens:
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/28/04 07:22 PM
Hey those look just like my Mansfields....
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/29/04 08:58 AM
LOL!
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/29/04 03:28 PM
Mark...as a woman, I'm offended!!! How sexist! I own a pair of the "boys" (the M60's). Well...I've always been a bit of a tomboy!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/29/04 03:40 PM
fox- i noticed in your profile that you dont list a sub? dont you like that low end rumble? its a must have!!

BTW- how do we know you are really a female? what if you are just some freaky dude trying to get some jollies?

we have seen pics of amie, so we know she is for real. your avatar doenst show up on my computer(have no idea why). anyway, just messing with ya!!

bigjohn
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/29/04 03:41 PM
yeah...I get the first reference...but that one slipped by me...

seemingly women can't appreciate good equipment! You should talk to my ex, who wants my Reference 3a MM, YBA amp and Linn CDP.....like NAD and Axiom is not good enough!!!!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/29/04 03:54 PM
Well, 'ya gotta admit: Most women (and many men) would prefer a smaller, Bose-style speaker!

Heck, I've always thought that if there was a "fantasy" product I could magically develop, I'd shun the water-fueled engine, the hyper-efficient rooftop solar panel and the personal hovercraft for a baseball-sized, 360 degree radiating, 20Hz-20KHz ruler-flat, 110db/1 watt-efficent speaker that costs $100 to make and sells for $1,000 for each 5-pack.

Move over Amar Bose and Bob Carver, there's a new guru bringing incredible technology to the masses in the HT market...... Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh..... the limos and sports cars.... mansions... travelling the world... hot women throwing themselves at me....

Sh*t.

I said something sexist again... and I was so close!
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/29/04 04:06 PM
OK, I've added my sub...it's just a Polk PSW150. It does the job, but I definitely want to upgrade this in the future. The problem is that I currently live in a mobile home and the walls are really cheap and thin. When the bass gets too strong, the walls actually vibrate! It's very annoying. I think the new Axiom sub would probably bring the whole house down! Anyway, when I get out of trailer park hell, I'm going to upgrade.

Posted By: bigjohn Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/29/04 04:29 PM
In reply to:

trailer park hell

i feel your pain..

i could see how that would cause some heavy buzzing and vibrations. i experience the same probs in my own home. upgrading is fun, you have something to look forward to.. in addition, to moving out of the trailer.

bigjohn
Posted By: Ajax Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/29/04 04:30 PM
Fox,

It's nice to have a little feminine influence around here. There's definitely an excess of testosterone on this forum. Maybe your presence will get us to clean up our act a little, and behave ourselves. ..........................Nah! Never happen!

I would think your sub would do just fine in a mobile home. The 60s must look HUGE in your place.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/29/04 04:51 PM
Actually, I live in a double wide home with vaulted ceilings so there's plenty of room. However, I've got the speakers set up lengthwise so there's not a lot of room between the seating position and the speakers! The only reason for this is to get more space between the speakers and to be able to hang the surrounds on the adjacent walls. I've been meaning to submit photos to the Axiom Wall of Fame but the only problem is that in order to get the setup all in the photo, I have to practically get on the back of the couch to fit it all in! If you think the M60's look huge in the house, you should see the TV! It's a huge 63" Sony projection set.

When I get around to taking the pictures, I'll let you know. I may even slip in a photo of myself! HA!HA!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/29/04 06:01 PM
In reply to:

I may even slip in a photo of myself! HA!HA!

Why not? Many of us already have done that here.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/30/04 03:38 AM
Guys, although only an occasional poster, Mary's been a member nearly as long as any of us.

BigBear, I feel your pain. I don't suppose that offering her a nice new Bose system would work?
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/30/04 03:59 AM
No, that would not work. Although only a casual listener, she has moved beyond that level.

Posted By: sonicfox Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/30/04 05:30 AM
Alright...here's a tiny pic in my avatar. Sorry guys...no Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, etc. here, but I do pride myself that I look a lot younger than I am (I'll keep that a secret)! Anyway, the photo was taken two years ago when my nephew was born...that's him that I'm holding.

BTW, anyone seen the skanky pics of Britney lately? She'd fit right in at my trailer park!
Posted By: curtis Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/30/04 05:40 AM
In reply to:

Sorry guys...no Britney Spears, Paris Hilton,

I don't like either of them anyway....
Posted By: Ajax Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/30/04 10:30 AM
In reply to:

Sorry guys...no Britney Spears, Paris Hilton.

Thank heaven! Much better looking than Spears, and I don't see what anyone sees in Hilton except $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Of course, I'm and old guy (read mature; wise; thoughtful; and prudent, he said modestly )

And you HAVE been around a long time, not referring to your age, but to your May,'02 entry date here on the forum.
Posted By: curtis Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/30/04 04:41 PM
Jack...that means she knows all about you already.

Imagine the perceptions she has for all of us after reading in silence for over two years.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Gender AV Equipment - 10/30/04 05:42 PM
I'm young (ish) and I agree with you! Icky icky p'ting!

Same deal with Jessica Simpson. And all I see in Christina Agulera is that Marilyn Manson looked better as a woman than she does.
© Axiom Message Boards