Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jrmav sub set up question?? - 11/01/04 01:20 PM
I just received my new axioms a week ago. A quick question on the sub set-up. Should I set the LFE/BASS OUT on my receiver to subwoofer, or both (swfr and front) I set the crossover to 80 hz. Thanks alot!!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: sub set up question?? - 11/01/04 05:19 PM
a good start is to set your receiver to what speakers you have(2.1, 5.1, 6.1, etc).. there should be a set-up menu selection to allow you to input what type of speaker config you have. then, for a HT(5.1) set-up, set your fronts to small, and your sub crossover to 80Hz. then, on the sub itself, set your crossover dial to maximum(that way the crossover is being completely controlled from the receiver), and adjust the gain/volume dial as needed for proper calibration.

thats a good start. some people prefer the crossover at 100Hz, and some even set speaker to large, and run the sub at 60Hz.. it depends on your personal preferences.

good luck, and let us know which you end up going with.

bigjohn
Posted By: MiniRock Re: sub set up question?? - 11/01/04 10:55 PM
Personally, I would set the LFE/BASS OUT on the receiver to Sub, and just let the rest of the speakers handle everything above 90hz.
Posted By: JohnK Re: sub set up question?? - 11/02/04 01:45 AM
JR, as Luis(MR)suggested, set the receiver to subwoofer, rather than both. You have an excellent sub and should allow it to have the primary responsibility for the lowest bass. The 80Hz crossover should work well and since the receiver is doing the crossover, the internal crossover in the sub would just be in the way. Since the STF-2 has a switch to completely bypass its crossover, you should set it to take the crossover out.
© Axiom Message Boards