Axiom Home Page
Posted By: PatPet Crossover point in m22ti? - 12/07/04 12:30 PM
May I know the crossover point between the tweeter and the two woofers?
Posted By: demasoni Re: Crossover point in m22ti? - 12/07/04 08:18 PM
the woofers have no lowpass and it's naturally roll off at around 45-50hz, I believe the M22ti tweeter is being crossed at 2.5khz?
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Crossover point in m22ti? - 12/07/04 08:40 PM
In reply to:

the woofers have no lowpass and it's naturally roll off at around 45-50hz

Demasoni: What you are referring to is a high-pass filter because you would only use a low-pass filter at that frequency with a subwoofer.

High-pass literally means that it lets frequencies higher than the specified frequency pass and low-pass means the opposite (lower than specified are allowed through).

Anyways, I do not believe that the woofers have a high-pass filter (as that is kind of pointless since it would interfere with phase and only give you the possible benefit of increasing overall power-handling due to less deep bass being fed into the woofers. Since Axiom speakers are more aimed at fidelity than power output, it'd be highly unlikely that a high-pass filter would be used on the woofers.

Think of it this way: it is analogous to using a low-pass filter on the tweeter to filter out ultra-sonic frequencies. Pointless, right?

I think that the M22ti tweeter has a high-pass filter at 2.7 kHz. I am not 100% sure on that number though.

I would assume that the M22ti mid-woofers have a low-pass filter at around there (~3 kHz), but I've never seen it written down. I know that the M3ti is unique in that it has no low-pass filter so it rolls off naturally at around 2-3 kHz.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Crossover point in m22ti? - 12/08/04 02:48 AM
PP, welcome. The crossover to the tweeter is at 2.7KHz.
Posted By: PatPet Re: Crossover point in m22ti? - 12/09/04 03:59 PM
Actually, I'm working on a new crossover for the speakers. Either I'm going to have a new design or I'll use other components with better quality. However, I'm stuck in the schematics. Anyone, have experience in this?
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Crossover point in m22ti? - 12/09/04 08:12 PM
You may want to try asking 2x6spds. He has replaced components in the M3ti crossover if I am not mistaken.
Posted By: mace Re: Crossover point in m22ti? - 12/09/04 08:25 PM
You might also want to try the parts express forum or the madisound forum Both are great places for this type of stuff.
Posted By: alan Re: Crossover point in m22ti? - 12/10/04 03:12 PM
Hi,

The M22ti woofers do have a low-pass filter. It's the M3ti that does not have a low-pass on the woofer. And Axiom does not encourage modifications of the crossovers.

Regards,
© Axiom Message Boards