Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mark4583 Any Advantage to Bi Wireing the Mti 60's? - 12/31/04 02:35 AM
I just orderd my Mti 60's, There any Noticable diffrence when BiWireing these speakers or would I get the same out of a single 14g wire or should I go thicker?
Thanks
Posted By: Ajax Re: Any Advantage to Bi Wireing the Mti 60's? - 12/31/04 03:18 AM
From the Axiom AudioFile:

"Will it sound any different if you bi-wire? Some users think it does, but I've never heard any differences, nor have any of our laboratory measurements or scientifically controlled double blind listening tests ever demonstrated there are audible differences. Axiom includes the extra terminals as a nod to those enthusiasts who believe that bi-wiring results in audible benefits and for the bi-ampers."

14 gauge should be fine for runs under 40 ft. to 4 ohm speakers, and just about any usual run to 8 ohm speakers.

Wire Table

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Any Advantage to Bi Wireing the Mti 60's? - 12/31/04 03:28 AM
I think it's time to pull out that old article yet again. All you old timers, it's the same one. But it's been months since I've linked to it!

BTW, I do have cables based on this article. My speakers sound fine. Not that I think these particular cables have anything to do with it. I just thought it would be cool and fun. I was right on the cool part, at least...
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Any Advantage to Bi Wireing the Mti 60's? - 12/31/04 03:41 AM
Nice reference article Ken. Wish I had seen it before setting up my speaker wires.

Anyhow - another source to consider for speaker wire (and what I use) is 14 ga from Home Depot. Go back to their bulk wire area (usually behind the Lighting Area) and they wil cut it to length. runs about $0.25 per foot. Works great.
© Axiom Message Boards