Axiom Home Page
Posted By: edvacdude Multichannel Audio/Component video cable - 01/05/05 09:51 PM
Hello!
I placed an order for a Denon 2900 which I should receive in a few days. I thought of buying a set of analog cables (component video, multi channel audio) from either Blue Jeans Cable or Monster cable.

I receive a discount on Monster cable purchases, so I can afford to purchase their M series cable. Just curious how the M1000cv (component video) and M550I (multichannel audio) cables compared to the corresponding cables in BlueJeansCable.

The Denon 2900 will work with a Denon 3805 receiver, just fyi.

Thanks very much for any feedback!

Ananth
Posted By: Ajax Re: Multichannel Audio/Component video cable - 01/05/05 10:33 PM
I've not heard that Monster makes "bad" cables, just that they are over-hyped and overpriced. If you can get the Monster cheaper than the BlueJeans, then go for it. UNLESS, your social consciousness level is high, and you are angry with Monster, as so many are, because they are suing any and every company, movie, and web site that uses the word "Monster."
I had M-Series monster cables and have switched them all out for Blue Jeans. Absolutely no negative impact on sound/picture.

My #1 problem with Monster (outside of their lawsuit happy ways) is that their cables have the "grip of death" on your components. I've damaged more than one piece of equipment trying to remove Monster Cables. Simply not worth it.

I can't recommend Blue Jeans highly enough.

yeah i pulled the jack right off my tv with there component cables i thought i did something wrong lol
edvac- does the the 2900 support the denonlink? cause if it does you can use that with the 3805 and save on some cables.

oops, doesnt look like it does. disregard my last.
Actually, I've had a similar experience with Monster cables. When I used them to connect the TV to the receiver, it was always tough to yank out the cable -- in fact it has permanently damaged one of the RCA ports at the back of the TV (the port now lacks the outer plastic jack).

Hmmmmmm - blue jeans looks a little more attractive
Ananth
© Axiom Message Boards