Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Sean M22ti FO or NOT - 04/24/02 07:49 PM
I bought my M22ti about a year ago (june) but i have been quite until now, because i was unshure about it. On one of the speakers the Tweeter has a tiny indentation on the top half just above the center of the X thing over it. Does this effect the sound?I thought FO only had blem's?
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: M22ti FO or NOT - 04/24/02 08:38 PM
Sean

the tweeter on one of my M3's has the same indent in the same general area, as well a couple of scratches. I had my mom swap the speakers a few times and I could NOT pick the one with the scratched tweeter.

One thing I realized, though, is that the light reflexting of the titanium through that little space in the X might cause it to look like a dent. Change the lighting around and see if it still looks like a dent.

If there is a dent causing a sonic difference, Axiom will probably change it for you.

Good luck, and let us know what happens!
Posted By: alan Re: M22ti FO or NOT - 04/24/02 09:44 PM
Hi Sean,

That scratch or dent you're seeing in the tweeter dome is counted as a blemish, likewise a scratch on a woofer cone--but rest assured they are sonically indistinguishable from the 1st run speakers not sold in the FO.

Those blemishes on the tweeter or woofer do not affect dispersion, frequency response, or timbral uniformity. The sound is unaffected.

Regards,
Posted By: Sean Re: M22ti FO or NOT - 04/24/02 11:03 PM
But I bought the Speakers as non-factory outlet can anyone comment on this?
© Axiom Message Boards