Axiom Home Page
Posted By: donjuanmiguel Denon Link & SACD - 03/07/05 12:30 PM
Hi all. Not sure if this is the right area to post this comment. As most everyone knows, Denon's DLink has been approved to carry SACD signals, which will greatly help to remove the clutter of cables coming from DLink players to receivers. This was exciting news as the DLink was one of the primary reasons I went with the Denon line. The big question for me was "Will the 3910 have to be replaced or will there be an upgrade available, at no cost".

A couple of days ago I emailed Denon and asked about SACD and DLink. They said DLink will be ready to carry it late next year and an upgrade disk is all that will be required.

Can't wait!

Just wanted to share that with all the DLink owners.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Denon Link & SACD - 03/07/05 12:58 PM
In reply to:

They said DLink will be ready to carry it late next year

Is this a typo?

Denon customers waited a couple of years for SACD approval, were thrilled at the announcement, and they're talking Fall of 2006?

Please tell me that this was a typo....!
Posted By: donjuanmiguel Re: Denon Link & SACD - 03/07/05 01:37 PM
Mark,
Wish it were. I re-read the email again prio to posting. Maybe, just maybe, they meant late this year. I'll see what I can find out.
Posted By: donjuanmiguel Re: Denon Link & SACD - 03/07/05 05:09 PM
Yep. I double checked and they said late next year - 2006.
Posted By: Engine_Joe Re: Denon Link & SACD - 03/07/05 05:56 PM
In reply to:

Yep. I double checked and they said late next year - 2006.

*cough*

Well that's pretty much useless. It still could be a typo, I guess... on Denon's part.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Denon Link & SACD - 03/07/05 06:04 PM
Hmmmm...
I guess I should have bought a 2200 when I had the chance. I guess Denon Link isn't the end-all and there are lots of other reaons to like the 3910, but I've dealt with Vaporware so much in my business, this just really, really rubs me the wrong way.

I bought my receiver with the plan of having "matching" components that integrated well with each other... primarily through Denon Link.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Denon Link & SACD - 03/08/05 12:36 AM
Look on the bright side -- by the time you finish "Son of the Mother of All Posts" it will be 2006 and you will be able to report on how nicely the DenonLink is working
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Denon Link & SACD - 03/08/05 03:18 AM
Nah.... Never again. From now on, I post a paragraph (or sentence) at a time!
© Axiom Message Boards