Axiom Home Page
After stripping the cable to expose the conductor, and a portion of the shield-covered dielectric, do I fold the two layers of braid and one foil layer back over the cable sheath before pushing the connector on, leaving a single foil layer over the exposed dielectric? Can I just strip the 2 braid layers and one foil layer off completely? Or should I "flare" the 2 braid and 1 foil layer instead of folding it back? Should the dielectric even be covered in any foil or shield before pushing on the connector?

I'm only finding instructions for Permaseal F-type connectors, no instructions for the BNC and RCA connectors I'm using.

Thanks.
Are you using a Canare RCA or something else? Instead of me rambling on, I think a picture might work better.

Anyway, if your using a Canare or a Belden your cable should look like this prior to "Snapping" on the RCA:

The braid will fold back when the RCA goes on but it will be pushed down or forward again when you put the coupler on.

Some RCA's however are a little different like the Eichman, Kimber etc but without knowing what it is your all using, this is the best I can do.
I would also treat the end with ProGold or something close to it prior to making your final connection.
© Axiom Message Boards