Axiom Home Page
Does anyone know of a pc program that will show the frequency of the music being played? I want to tune the car subwoofer to a specific song by beck to see how it sounds.
Or just some plugin for winamp 2.x? or 5.x?
I want something with a visual chart that moves along while the song plays, something fancy Thanks anyone....
I am not sure if it does now, but a program called Cool Edit used to be able to measure frequencies in wav/mp3 files.

I could be wrong...but I remember using it a while back for some studio setups at an AD agency where I worked.

Cool Edit by Syntrillium was purchased by Adobe and is now called Audition.

I'm using the Pro version, which I think is the only version available...when Syntrillium owned it they had Cool Edit 2000 and Cool Edit Pro versions.

Audition does have real time Spectrum Analysis. I had planned on posting a "Son of Mother" post someday regarding setting up my BFD and dealing with my room acoustic issues... but I haven't had time to even setup the BFD I bought three months ago! In that article, I was going to include screenshots or maybe some video of the S/A... it's pretty cool to watch for awhile and educational as well.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about less expensive packages and the features they do or don't offer.
Thanks very much, both of you - Im off to my *resources* to find that program now. I simply want to find the highest low of a repeated verse in a beck song and want to cross the highest low over to the sub so the sub handles all the right notes. Geeky - Yes I know.
© Axiom Message Boards