Axiom Home Page
Had it working for a few minutes.. and now its dead! the power light is on.. but theres simply no signal coming out of it.. any advice?

Call Axiom!!!!!!!
I have had three (cheap) subwoofer cables fail in the last year. Definitely wiggle the cable or try a different, known good cable.

I'm not sure why cables act up more with the sub, but I suspect it has something to do with the wire not hanging down like it does when connected to electronics... so a bad connector can show up when you use a cable for subwoofing. This is just a guess, of course.
You just created a new verb!

subwoof: to make loud, low noises. James was startled by the sounds of subwoofing emanating from neighbor's basement.
Or the ultra-low-frequency sonar that was tested only on "SeaWolf" class submarines

"James was also startled by the sounds of a subwoofing at the harbors' entrance"
Um... yeah... I was trying to be international. In Finland a sub is "subwooferit", in Poland the spelling seems to be "subwoofera", I figured "subwoof" was the root, probably derived from the latin "subwooferatum", the noise made by a suddenly collapsing civilization.
That's correct....in addition, the Roman Empire also gave us the term for the seat of their final form of govt. The Tweeteratarium, which is now used to define a twittering away of power. Not with a growl but with a squeeky, high pitched note not unlike that produced by the then current brass instrument: the Analaria.

(a little known and long forgotten bit of history)
I never thought I'd learn so much useful info on this forum. Thanks guys!

Wonder if the original poster got his sub working ?

Hello ??
Me too!

The other day my system didn't sound right. Checked the 500. The power plug was loose. Not the first time it's happened. The sucker shakes the house. I guess I'll have to bend a prong a little to get it to stay tight.
nope... never got it working..

it powers up but not a sound comes out of it.. I even took some signal right off a cd player to see if I could get something.. checked inside to see if the fuses or speaker leads were loose...but couldnt spot anything out of the ordinary

anyhow.. axiom very quickly contacted me and are sending a replacement amp.

only bummer was I was looking forward to spending some time with it over the weekend..
Bug: don't know how handy you are "electrically," but you may need to replace the wall outlet. I've had the same thing happen here at my house, been here almost 25 years, and replacing the wall outlet was the "real" fix for two or three of the outlets.

Is there any chance we are mixing threads here ? The poster's power light is on, so presumably at least some power is getting to the sub...

The *other* EP500 thread seems to be a power problem for sure.
Sorry for the off-track comment, but, Rat, the plug that comes loose is the one at the EP500 end.

Axiom is always quick on the draw to take care of you.

I know I had accidentaly set the Trim setting to Remote and had no audio from the Sub. Although I think the LED on the back goes from green to yellow when you do this. I'm sure Axiom had you check this already if they are sending an amp. Just thought I'd mention.

Good luck.
Glad you have a "quick" fix.

Well, tonight was the night to get my HT back on line. I "dressed up" all the speaker wires to the receiver and hooked the receiver to the HDTV audio output. Took me about an hour to get everythig set up as I wanted, but it sure sounds good.

Now to get my new OPPO DVD player hooked up. That is a job for tomorrow night. I bought a Superbit version of The Fifth Element that I am saving for when I get everything "just" right. Some say that is one of the finest DVDs to check out a HDTV. Well, I want the 5.1 to go with it.
© Axiom Message Boards