Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous Sub left and right line inputs??? - 10/08/01 04:33 PM
I have one pre-out from my receiver. Do I need a y-cable to connect to both the left and right line inputs on the sub or can I connect to just one of the inputs?

Posted By: axiomadmin Re: Sub left and right line inputs??? - 10/09/01 12:33 PM
Hello,

You don't need a Y-connector. You can you plug your single line out for the subwoofer from your receiver into either the left or right line input on the subwoofer.

Hope that helps!

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sub left and right line inputs??? - 10/09/01 02:01 PM
OK, I don't need a y-cable, but would using one make any difference? Why are there two inputs? Are there two separate channels in the sub?

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sub left and right line inputs??? - 10/09/01 04:36 PM
I use a sub with the M22, and a y cable DOES make a difference for me. A y cable (from what I have read elsewhere) gives a slight gain in volume. I tried my sub with single cable only, and volume decreased. I also think that the power of your sub is a factor too.

Posted By: Ian Re: Sub left and right line inputs??? - 10/13/01 01:50 PM
The left and right inputs are for use with a stereo pre-amp input. The sub just combines the left and right signals together when hooked up this way. A y connector from a mono input will actually increase the gain going into the sub woofer but adjusting the volume will accomplish the same result as not using the y connector.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
© Axiom Message Boards