Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mgitt1 Speaker Stand for M3ti - 11/14/05 12:19 AM
I am using a pair of M3ti as my rear speakers. I need speaker stands that are at least 36" high. Most of the stands that I looked at seem too flimsy. The tallest ones at Axiom are 24" but my chairs will block these. Wall mount is not an option. Any recommendations?
Posted By: bridgman Re: Speaker Stand for M3ti - 11/14/05 01:59 AM
Once you get up to 36" small pieces of furniture (little shelf units, or big CD stands, or those tapered "lots of plants" stands sometimes work better.

Otherwise, good 'ol "racks and stands" has a good selection :

http://www.racksandstands.com

Do a "superbrowse" search for stands >30" high.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Speaker Stand for M3ti - 11/14/05 09:48 PM
Dunno if your room permits, but if you're running a 5.1 arrangement, I'd put the M3s on the side surround position instead of back surround. I'd also consider using a low speaker stand and angle the speakers so they're firing in an upward direction.

Just a thought.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Speaker Stand for M3ti - 11/14/05 10:11 PM
Unfinished plant stand

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Speaker Stand for M3ti - 11/15/05 02:15 AM
You know, those don't look half bad. With a little stain they could be very nice, indeed.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Speaker Stand for M3ti - 11/15/05 04:27 AM
I think I picked up one for my wife at Lowes.
Posted By: sssutherland Re: Speaker Stand for M3ti - 11/15/05 08:39 AM
Those really are nicer looking than many if not most of the speaker stands that I see. They actually look fairly robust and stable without being obtrusive.

Nice
Posted By: bridgman Re: Speaker Stand for M3ti - 11/15/05 01:38 PM
Yep, you don't see many "mission style" plant stands these days. If they had Lowes up here in Canada I might pick up a couple as well... might even put plants on them
Posted By: mgitt1 Re: Speaker Stand for M3ti - 11/16/05 02:48 AM
I do like those mission stands. They definitely look sturdy. I'll check around locally at Lowe's and unfinished furniture stores to see what I can find.

I have QS8's on the side, M22ti L&R, and a VP150 center.

Thanks
© Axiom Message Boards