Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jim_90 AX-5 Driver replacement ?? - 11/29/05 09:59 PM
I have a pair of AX-5 reference monitors that I inherited from my father many years ago and I need to replace the midrange drivers.I haven't used these monitors in quite some time and the drivers have deteriorated badly, I need to know where I can get replacements. Any help would be much appreciated.
~Jim
Posted By: Wid Re: AX-5 Driver replacement ?? - 11/29/05 10:06 PM

You're already there, call Axiom.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: AX-5 Driver replacement ?? - 11/29/05 10:10 PM
Rick, you are to fast, I was going to give him the same advice. The Mfg. would be the best place to start, maybe they have some old stock.

Call Axiom, they are great people...
Posted By: jim_90 Re: AX-5 Driver replacement ?? - 11/29/05 10:13 PM
I did contact them a few years ago, I don't know who I spoke to but I was told they are a no longer in production and the drivers aren't available through them anymore. I took that for what it was and didn't pursue the question.Maybe I should call again?
Posted By: Wid Re: AX-5 Driver replacement ?? - 11/29/05 10:22 PM

I would give Axiom a call and at least check.If they don't have a replacement they might know where you can get one.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: AX-5 Driver replacement ?? - 11/29/05 11:39 PM
Or Axiom might be willing to tell you confidentially the specifications you would need to see if you can locate an approximately compatible driver from another source, like PartsExpress.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: AX-5 Driver replacement ?? - 11/30/05 12:12 AM
Is it just the foam surround that's rotted out?

If so, that's easily replaced at a local speaker repair shop. I had to have them replaced on my old Snell's.

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: AX-5 Driver replacement ?? - 11/30/05 12:57 AM
I don't know where Jim lives, but the notion of a "local speaker repair shop" sounds suspiciously like "civilization", which is questionable even in the populous Puget Sound.

There is something about "my old Snells" that just cracks me up. I better go home.
Posted By: jim_90 Re: AX-5 Driver replacement ?? - 11/30/05 05:34 AM
Yes it is just the foam but sadly the first one that went was removed and over time has been misplaced,the other is still installed but missing the foam so my only option at this point is to find replacements.Incidentally I'm located in Toronto, which for most that live here is the center of the universe.Seriously though it's a huge city so I'm sure I could find something here,however I thought I would pick the collective brain on this board first.
~Jim
© Axiom Message Boards