Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bugbitten Weak TV sound! - 12/01/05 05:18 PM
My cable company is not the greatest. Mostly poor video and audio quality.

I have tried PL Cinema, PL Music, Stereo and more. With Cinema I get center with very little from the mains. No surround. Weak sound quality.

F107.... suggested I try PL Music and it does improve. Much more depth and quality to the sound. In stereo I get the same improvement but with the center phantomed.

The problem with PL Music and Stereo is that listening is good only in the prime position. It sounds very different off center.

OTA HD (5.1) and DVD's are not a problem.

I was thinking about adding an M3 as a 2nd center. Maybe using the Denon's center speaker out.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Weak TV sound! - 12/02/05 12:56 AM
Can you use DTS:Neo6? The Cinema mode works quite nicely with 2 channel inputs/TV.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Weak TV sound! - 12/02/05 03:06 AM
Doug, you may already do this, but when using DPLII Music, adjusting the dimension and center width parameters can be helpful to suit varying source materials.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Weak TV sound! - 12/02/05 03:50 AM
Excellent suggestion, John!

I use PL11 or Neo6 music modes a lot(or whenever I get the TV to myself for between 6 to 10 minutes)and I flip to one of the cable music channels for a few fleeting moments.(it's faster and easier than popping in a CD)

I've got the room and system pretty well dialed in now, but maybe I can sneak in a little more fine tuning!

Now......what did I do with that pesky receiver manual.....?
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Weak TV sound! - 12/02/05 04:17 AM
I will try the dimension adjustment and DTS Neo6 as soon as I find the manual. I'll get back with results tomorrow night or Saturday. I have to work out of town tomorrow.

Thanks
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Weak TV sound! - 12/03/05 12:55 AM
In reply to:

but when using DPLII Music, adjusting the dimension and center width parameters can be helpful to suit varying source materials

Doing the above seems to give the best results. Thanks for the replies.

Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Weak TV sound! - 12/05/05 05:58 AM
Have you tried the "matrix" DSP on your Denon? It's all I use for TV broadcasts.
© Axiom Message Boards