Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mincone Grill covers - 03/04/06 07:55 PM
Hi all,
Has anyone had a problem with there speaker grill cover's falling off?

Every now and then I find them on the floor, what is the best way to correct this?

John
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Grill covers - 03/04/06 09:07 PM
This topic has come up a few times. All of my Axiom speaker grills snap into place, you actually have to give a little effort to get them off, suprised yours just fall off? Are you sure you have them snapped in good?

Unless they have changed their design over the years, not sure. My Axioms are about a year or so old, no problems..

Randy

m60s vp150 ep500 4-Qs8's
Denon 2805
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Grill covers - 03/04/06 09:20 PM
You must been using your 500 at serious levels to shake the grills off your speakers!

I know it's hard to believe, but the power plug comes out of my 500 every few months!

My 500 must not be working as hard as yours.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Grill covers - 03/04/06 09:55 PM
You might try putting a small amount of some sort of secure tape around the ball on the end of the whatchamacallits. Anything that will make them a little larger and fit a little snugger should work.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Grill covers - 03/04/06 10:36 PM
Actually this is only a probelm on the M60s, all you need to do is change to the M80s.
Posted By: Richie Re: Grill covers - 03/05/06 12:19 AM
I have the same problem with all of my Axiom speakers except the EP600. The grills work themselves loose in 2-3 days. I have to snap them back into place manually.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Grill covers - 03/05/06 01:03 AM
You must be playing at the we don't have kids levels
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: Grill covers - 03/05/06 01:26 AM
Now thats funny!
Posted By: SirClyde Re: Grill covers - 03/05/06 02:00 AM
I had that problem with all my speakers except the 500. Axiom sent me different grills and have not had any problems since. The ends on the new grills that they sent to me looked a little bigger and had 2 little notches on them.
Posted By: alan Re: Grill covers - 03/06/06 05:22 PM
Hi mincone,

Call Axiom service manager Joe Vassallo on the toll-free line and have a message left for him if he's not available. He will get your grille problem fixed up.

Regards,
Posted By: mincone Re: Grill covers - 03/07/06 12:10 AM
Hi All,

Thanks for the input. So far I only had two of my qs8's grill covers fall off. Every couple of days I have to push in the m60's grill covers they haven’t yet fallen off.

Some of you are telling me that the grill cover snap in? I did not want to push to hard.

How much of a clearance is there from the face of the cabinet to the grill cover?
I have about a 1/4"

Thanks,

John

Posted By: dllewel Re: Grill covers - 03/07/06 12:43 AM
My QS8 tweeter grills are only 1/8", but the woofer grills are almost flush with the cabinet.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Grill covers - 03/07/06 06:38 AM
*shrugs* I run mine nude... (except the QS grilles on the woofers)

Grill is an anagram of girl, uh... girll. Yeah.

Bren R.
Posted By: mincone Re: Grill covers - 03/07/06 10:32 PM
Hi Noreen,

Thank you for sending replacement grill covers, the staff at Axiom are truly the best because I actually haven't yet called Axiom about the speaker grill problem I just posted a question on the message board to the members and a couple of days latter Axiom is sending replacements.

This is the best customer service ever.

Thank you and best wishes,

John Mincone

Posted By: Richie Re: Grill covers - 03/07/06 11:06 PM
WOW! I got an email from Noreen today that they had shipped new grill covers for all my speakers. WOW! That is CUSTOMER SERVICE! I had not even talked to anyone at Axiom about my problem. I had only posted earlier in this thread that I had the same problem as John. Thank you Noreen! Thank you Axiom! :-)
Posted By: bridgman Re: Grill covers - 03/08/06 12:30 AM
Wow... that has to set some kind of new standard for service.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Grill covers - 03/08/06 01:20 AM
Your not kidding, I'm almost tempted to claim my imaginary QS8's disappeared to see if some arrive at my door.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Grill covers - 03/08/06 01:33 AM
I was going to complain about my messy kitchen
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Grill covers - 03/08/06 11:48 AM
im pretty happy with my ep350 but i think the extra punch from an ep500 would make my system complete.(come on Noreen keep it rolling you dont want Axiom to get a bad name now)
Posted By: Richie Re: Grill covers - 03/10/06 03:53 PM
Got my new grill covers yesterday. So far so good! The speakers look new again! Axiom is #1 in customer service! :-)
© Axiom Message Boards