Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Steven New EP-175 Wont Turn On - 08/25/02 11:52 AM
I just got my new Axiom speaker system and EP-175 has an auto on problem

I read a few posts about EP-175 auto on sensitivity - I have the sub connected to my receiver with a good quality AR Pro sub cable - when playing something on my system the sub wont come out of sleep mode unless while powered I unplug & plub back in the RCA connector then it powers right up - It also goes back into sleep mode during like watching a DVD and wont go active unless I unplug & plug the rca connector

Has Axiom figured out a solution for this? I would be happy just eliminating the auto on feature.

Posted By: lando622 Re: New EP-175 Wont Turn On - 08/25/02 12:55 PM
Steven,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with your EP-175's auto-on feature. I have the same sub, and haven't had any of the symptoms you describe. I leave mine on all the time, and when I power up my system, it kicks on after detecting a signal. It shuts off after the prescribed period of no signal, and it has worked perfectly like this for four months. Give Joe a call on their customer service line, and discuss it with him. Good luck.

lando
Posted By: chesseroo Re: New EP-175 Wont Turn On - 08/25/02 06:13 PM
I agree.
My EP350 has been fine playing bass when required without delay. Something is not right either with the sub or with the setup.
Posted By: JohnK Re: New EP-175 Wont Turn On - 08/26/02 03:38 AM
Steven, you don't describe your receiver or how you adjusted it but one possibility( besides a defect in the auto-on circuit)is that you have the sub level set too low on the receiver. Try setting it higher on the receiver and correspondingly lower on the sub level control.
Posted By: Steven Re: New EP-175 Wont Turn On - 08/26/02 11:04 AM
I am using the Outlaw 1050 as a preamp - I think I tried adjusting up the sub level on the pre amp to get the sub to power up - but I will try it again and see if that works

Will report back

Thanks
Posted By: alan Re: New EP-175 Wont Turn On - 08/26/02 01:55 PM
Hi Steven,

Here's a guide to setting up the correct subwoofer level on your receiver setup menu and on the EP-175.

Set the EP-175's level control to about the 11:00 a.m position.

On the receiver's sub output setup, adjust the level so it's at the "0-dB" setting. Leave it there.

From now on, use the EP-175's volume control to trim the overall subwoofer level. It the EP-175 still doesn't come out of its "sleep" mode to "On", nudge up the sub level on the receiver setup menu by +2 or +3 dB. If the sub still doesn't turn on, call Joe Vassallo on our toll-free line and he'll take it from there.

Ideally, the receiver sub level should be left at 0 dB, which should provide enough voltage to activate the auto-on circuit in the sub.

Regards,
© Axiom Message Boards