Axiom Home Page
Posted By: AndrewSW SV Subwoofer Trouble - 04/04/06 12:46 AM
I know this is not an axiom product, but I thought you guys/gals have a vast knowledge in all home theater products.

I have a SV Sub (PB-12), that is a little over a month old. For some reason the fuse blew (not because I was watching a movie too loud), so I changed the fuse and it blew again. So I turned off my receiver (so no signal was running to the sub), changed the fuse, and turned on the subwoofer...and again it blew. Then I tried to plug it into a different outlet, which blew the fuse still.

The SV Customer support closed before I got a chance to talk to them, so I thought I would see if y'all had any suggestions before I put my 5th fuse in.

Thanks!
Andrew
Posted By: Wid Re: SV Subwoofer Trouble - 04/04/06 01:01 AM
I would stop throwing fuses into it and get a hold of CS. It sounds like something is wrong with the amp.
Posted By: JohnK Re: SV Subwoofer Trouble - 04/04/06 03:50 AM
Andrew, if you didn't change anything before this happened, no suggestions other than something came loose internally from vibrations and there's now a loose wire causing a short in the sub amp. As Rick suggested, hold up until you can talk to Tom or someone at CS.
Posted By: AndrewSW Re: SV Subwoofer Trouble - 04/04/06 04:41 AM
Thanks for the posts. I'll just give cs a call tomorrow and see if they can help. I hope they don't have me ship the sub back to them...that would be a pain.

Andrew
© Axiom Message Boards