Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Jordan Can my little JVC RX 6042 handle it? - 04/06/06 01:14 AM
Greetings,

I have a JVC RX 6042 receiver for the time being. It is rated at 100W X 5 at 8 ohms. I was looking at some 6 ohm rated speakers (the Monitor Audio B6 Bronze) in particular. I was wondering if I would have any problems driving these speakers with this receiver. Do any of you have any experience or educated guesses on this one?

All the best,

Jordan
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Can my little JVC RX 6042 handle it? - 04/06/06 01:59 AM
Can't say for sure, but most likely you would be fine. Most receivers have no issues with driving 8 or 6 ohm speakers at the same time. Take a look at the Axiom Qs8's or VP150, they are both 6 ohm designs and many of us drive them with 8ohm mains with a variety of brand AVR's. The 80's are a different story.
Posted By: Wid Re: Can my little JVC RX 6042 handle it? - 04/06/06 02:07 AM
It's never a givin if your receiver can handle the Monitor Audio B6 Bronze or not. If you can get a hold of an impedence graph for them that should give you a good idea.
Posted By: ratpack Re: Can my little JVC RX 6042 handle it? - 04/06/06 11:32 AM
I agree with your comments. I was a little concerned that my new Onkyo would have "issues" driving my M80s, but was/ am plannig on getting seperate amps, so this was not a factor in the purchase of the Onkyo.

Thus far, I have had NO issues driving the M80s at however loud for however long that I want. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe my Onkyo is just one of the good ones or maybe its amp design has been improved. I don't know but I sure am pleased with the Onkyo.
© Axiom Message Boards