Axiom Home Page
I'm in the Los Angeles area, willing to drive as far south as Orange County and a similar distance north and east. I am very interested in the M22s.
Have you checked the main post at the top of this forum? Below is the link which lists a lot of people in CA. Just send a PM to people on the list that are close and they should respond if they are still active on the boards. You may not find a m22 person, but if you listen to most of the Axiom speakers you'll get the picture.

Welcome..

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=76567&an=0&page=0#Post76567
I attempted to send personal messages, but I'm not sure they went through since my account shows no personal messages sent.

So, if anyone is reading this in southern CA, please respond.
They probably went through. I think what you need to do next time you send a private message is to make sure you put a check mark next to the " i want to keep a copy of my message". I think you have to do this every time though.
Yep, as usual Richeydog is on top of things.
Not really. I noticed that I'm still on the audition list for my m60's, which I don't own anymore.
I asked to be added to the list later in the thread, I just think Amie has been very busy. At one point she updated the list and deleted all the posts to make it more accurate. I'm sure she has other fish to fry.
It's my fault. I would have to send an email to Amie to have it fixed.

Problem is...I'm too lazy to do it.
Quote:

They probably went through. I think what you need to do next time you send a private message is to make sure you put a check mark next to the " i want to keep a copy of my message". I think you have to do this every time though.

D'oh!

I really want to listen!

Would I get a ball park sense if I listened to a M50 or M60?

If that worked out I could get the M22 and return it--I would be more comfortable doing it this way rather than just ordering it completely blind.
I ordered all of my 7.1 setup blind and never looked back, no pun intended.

The m22's are great performers. They can't give you the same bass production as the 50's, 60's, or 80's, however, with an added sub, they are killer. I'm sure somebody will help this poor guy out. come on you CA guys/gals.
Well, I have the M40s. Closer to the M3s than the M22s, though. On the plus side, they are extremely rare and now a collector's item!
MZ, another welcome. As was said, when you send a PM, check the boxes for keeping a copy and getting a read receipt. The logical candidate would be LongBeachBear, but he hasn't posted and may not check the board for messages. Craig Rogers(Spiffnme)with M60s is another possibility and has auditioned on several occasions. You could also send a PM to Amie at Axiom for assistance in contacting someone.
Wow, it's hard to believe that there isn't a single pair of m22s in all of southern California. Maybe, they've all magically turned into m80s.
They are probably listening instead of visiting here.
You know how California is. Everyone drives a BMW or Mercedes, so why would they settle for less than the M80?
Lol, all the yuppies traded their BMW's for H2's
I want everyone to know that I'm outside of the norm. I drove a rusty old '69 VW bug for 10 years or so.

On the other hand, I now drive an Acura--so I'm a little closer to yuppiedom.
I've got M60ti's that you could listen to, but I likely won't be available for a demo for a week or so. Work is kicking my butt.
Craig, I've got an idea. I could send you my M22s, in exchange for your M60s, then MZ could come over to your place and audition those M22s. No go, eh! Well, at least I tried to help
I am hoping to be able to help hime out. I have M22's, 3 QS8's and a VP150 sitting around doing nothing (My Denon amp died) and I live in SoCal. Hopefully we can figure out a time to meet at my parents house (they have an M60 setup there.)
Andrew, been a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg time since you last posted. Welcome back.
No kidding Mr. Richey, he helped me out with some advice when I was first getting started on Axiom, it was much appreciated. Now he needs to work on getting his post count up. lol
Hey, I have had my speakers, and sometimes ignorance is bliss on not knowing about what Axiom is cooking up. Then I saw the v2 on everything and had to come here to find out what that was all about, turns out it was nothing.
I never got the chance to hear the Axioms. I ended up purchasing Ascend 340SEs. I tried, but I never got a solid offer (perhaps one, but I had bought my speakers by then). It the end the M22s might not have worked out as well for me. The tweeter is at the top, and in my setting that would have placed them higher than optimal. The 340SE has the tweeter lower. This difference might sound minimal, but my setting is highly compromised.

I love my speakers, and I'm sure the Axioms are great too.

I have learned that ID is a great way to go.
At least you found speakers that you're happy with. That's the whole point to this hobby!
Huh. I thought the whole point of this hobby was to enrich audio equipment manufacturers so they could afford large lakeside homes and dream of private aircraft.

(That was just a friendly jab, Ian!)
And an Enzo Ferrari, just to make Ken jealous.
<Better watch out or we might get the return of Surly Ken!>
Peter, what version of California did you live in and how do I get into that one?

-james
I don't live there anymore, see? I'm here now at WWDC, but my move to Virginia has caused me to idealize the state. Perfect weather, fast cars, great beer, and women with overgrown senses of entitlement.
Actually, I find the idea of someone owning an Enzo Ferrari kind of gross.... I mean, the body's gotta be pretty decomposed by now...

Oh. You meant a Ferrari Enzo.
I seem to remember Car and Driver giving Ferrari some grief over the fact that the car's actual name is the "Ferrari Enzo Ferrari", ala the Department of Redundancy Department... so we're both right, I guess...

Somebody make sure that MarkSJohnson hasn't frozen Enzo and bought a wood chipper...
Quote:

Peter, what version of California did you live in and how do I get into that one?

That version is only six hours away
1: Start out going SOUTHEAST on 11TH ST toward MISSION ST. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT onto MISSION ST. <0.1 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto 10TH ST. 0.4 miles Map

4: Turn LEFT onto BRYANT ST. 0.2 miles Map

5: Merge onto I-80 E via the ramp on the LEFT toward OAKLAND. 6.9 miles Map

6: Merge onto I-580 E toward CA-24 / DOWNTOWN OAKLAND / HAYWARD-STOCKTON. 63.3 miles Map

7: I-580 E becomes I-5 S. 287.5 miles Map

8: Keep RIGHT to take I-405 S toward SANTA MONICA. 62.1 miles Map

9: Merge onto CA-73 S toward CA-55 / SAN DIEGO VIA TOLL RD. 1.5 miles Map

10: Merge onto CA-55 S via EXIT 17A. 4.5 miles Map

11: CA-55 S becomes NEWPORT BLVD. 0.1 miles Map

12: Turn LEFT onto VIA LIDO. 0.1 miles Map

13: Turn LEFT onto VIA OPORTO. <0.1 miles Map

14: End at Newport Beach, CA US Map

Total Est. Time: 6 hours, 33 minutes Total Est. Distance: 427.39 miles
© Axiom Message Boards