Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BrenR SidVicious - good to meet you - 06/11/06 05:38 AM
Well, finally met my first Axiom owner... Scott (SidVicious) was in the area for a concert and some shopping and needed a reason to get away from the shopping, so he gave me a call... and was even good enough to suggest going for a beverage somewhere that would have the Argentina-Ivory Coast game on (after no more than 5-6 minutes of me openly crying about missing the second half)

Next time we'll give the M3s a listen so you can hear that awful 1.5dB hump at 1K.

Bren R.
Posted By: Ajax Re: SidVicious - good to meet you - 06/11/06 11:55 AM
Cool, Bren. I've enjoyed myself every time I've met a forum member or attended a get together of audio buffs. Good to know that you and Scott spent a little time together.

Haven't caught much of the World Cup yet, but I'll be watching tomorrow when the U.S. team plays. Looking forward to it.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: SidVicious - good to meet you - 06/11/06 02:17 PM
I agree, I've spent some time on the phone talking to some of you Axiomites, and have enjoyed the conversations and advice I've gained. There are a few Iowans around these parts, but have yet to meet them in person. I still like Wid's idea of having an Illinois/Iowa get togethor.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: SidVicious - good to meet you - 06/12/06 02:29 PM
This was also the first time I have met an existing Axiom owner, though I have provided a couple of auditions before. What can I say about meeting the notorious BrenR in the flesh, other than his intelligence & quick wit come through in person (though more soft-spoken than I would have guessed). At any rate I enjoyed the break from shopping. As we had discussed, nothing good can come from following the girlfriend around on a bathing suit shopping expedition and learned a few things about soccer in the meantime. I look forward to getting together again to finally hear those M3s.
Posted By: BrenR Re: SidVicious - good to meet you - 06/12/06 04:29 PM
Quote:

What can I say about meeting the notorious BrenR in the flesh, other than his intelligence & quick wit come through in person (though more soft-spoken than I would have guessed).

Hey, hey... easy on the rep, now. I'm 77 feet tall, bulletproof and made of solid gold... Bill Brasky has nothing on me.

Quote:

At any rate I enjoyed the break from shopping. As we had discussed, nothing good can come from following the girlfriend around on a bathing suit shopping expedition and learned a few things about soccer in the meantime. I look forward to getting together again to finally hear those M3s.

Door's always open... any time you're in the city!

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards