Axiom Home Page
Posted By: armani Toronto area - 01/16/07 07:29 PM
Hi,

I tried to roam through posts to find Toronto area and could not find it. I live in Oakville and I am wondering if anybody around here who owns Axioms. I am looking at M3 series. Thank you.
Posted By: Wid Re: Toronto area - 01/16/07 07:43 PM
Toronto, ON - M60, QS8, VP100, M2, M40 (bridgman)
Toronto, ON - VP150, QS8, QS4 (ask Amie)
Posted By: HAY Re: Toronto area - 01/17/07 04:38 PM
Hi armani, I read your PM and replied. I'm in Burlington so right next door, let's meet up.

Graeme
Posted By: bridgman Re: Toronto area - 01/20/07 07:05 AM
Hi Armani;

I have moved out east of Toronto (north of Bowmanville, right near the Mosport racetrack) so Hay is probably much closer to you, but if you guys can't connect then send me a PM. My schedule is pretty frantic right now but I guess I can leave the door unlocked and send you directions to the house
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Toronto area - 01/20/07 07:07 AM
John! Haven't seen you around much lately. Come back!
Posted By: bridgman Re: Toronto area - 01/20/07 08:00 AM
My father has been going through some rough times so I haven't been here very much. He's 90 with a bad heart and way past the window for surgery so we're really just "keeping him away from the light" for as long as possible -- problem is that he's still razor sharp and having a tough time adjusting.

I don't blame him one bit.

He's in a good but noisy hospital right now and pretty unhappy (I inherited my low stress tolerance from him), so we're spending a lot of time visiting and no time for anything else. Hoping to get him moved to a palliative care center soon so he can at least get some peace and quiet (and, hopefully, high speed internet ).
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Toronto area - 01/20/07 04:17 PM
John, I am sorry to hear about your dad. I don't blame him for not liking the noisy hospital. Hopefully you guys can get a more comfortable facility soon (they can make a big difference).
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Toronto area - 01/20/07 05:10 PM
Sorry to hear about that, John. I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts.
Posted By: PaulM Re: Toronto area - 01/20/07 07:57 PM
John
Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope you can work something out for him soon.

Paul
Posted By: BrenR Re: Toronto area - 01/21/07 05:24 AM
My thoughts are with you, John!

Bren R.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Toronto area - 01/21/07 05:49 AM
My prayers tonight and at Mass tomorrow will be with your father and you, John.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Toronto area - 01/21/07 07:20 PM
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Toronto area - 01/22/07 01:27 AM
I snuck my thoughts and prayers in with JohnK, who submitted them for me when he was at mass today.
Posted By: Lorenzo1000 Re: Toronto area - 01/22/07 02:37 AM
Sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Toronto area - 01/23/07 05:10 AM
Thanks everyone. My father seems much more relaxed the last day or two. He signed the paperwork to start the move to a long term care facility and perked right up as soon as he felt he wouldn't have to spend another year in that hospital room. Thanks again for all your hopes and prayers.

John
Posted By: Daphoid Re: Toronto area - 01/30/07 10:56 PM
If even more auditions are needed, I'm up in the Barrie area (or rather Barrie tiself) with M60's, VP150, QS8's, a SVS sub, a Runco Projector, xbox 360, nintendo wii, etc, etc.

- D
Posted By: NADishman Re: Toronto area - 02/03/07 07:53 AM
Toronto, beach area (Ok, beaches) - Woodbine & Queen. Have to schedule with The Decision Maker, but she is very gracious . We have a wicked schedule for the next week or so, but PM me to see if we can work it.

I'm new here, there don't seem to be a lot of other TO-central Axiomites (how can that be?). I am just getting back into audio after many years in the wilderness (metaphorically speaking), so take it easy on me, folks. I joined this board because many members (kcarlile, tomtuttle, BrenR, jakewash, Hutzal, wid,MarkSJohnson, BrotherBob, real80sman and, especially, bridgman - oh, yes bridgman!) are so helpful (and sometimes even right). I will try to wear my newbie hat with humility (ouch, that hurts).

NADishman
(post #1 - hello everybody)
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Toronto area - 02/03/07 09:44 PM
On a related note, i might be through the Barrie area briefly in October. I will be in Halifax for several days then off to Kitchener/Waterloo for a weekend.
Not sure how much time i will have to play around but i might be able to squeak in some axiomite visits potentially.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Toronto area - 02/04/07 04:00 AM
Great ! My sister lives in Halifax so I can try to either be in Halifax then (I need to get out some time this year) or send her my M40s to make her an honorary Axiomite
© Axiom Message Boards