Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Gumbini Israel - 05/24/07 08:37 PM
Any Israeli Axiom Speaker buffs?
Please let me know your experience.
Many thanks,
Gumbini in Jerusalem
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Israel - 05/24/07 10:37 PM
I go to Israel once a year, does that count?

Posted By: richeydog Re: Israel - 05/24/07 10:51 PM
I think you may be the first. Welcome aboard!
Posted By: Amie Re: Israel - 05/24/07 11:24 PM
Interestingly, we had an Axiom dealer in Israel in the 1990s - maybe one of them will turn up here! Other than that, we do ship to Israel but we don't have anyone on the audition list from there at this time.
Posted By: Gumbini Re: Israel - 05/25/07 04:30 AM
A dealer? Really? Can you tell me the name? Maybe they know of where there are some speakers I can listen to. Many thanks!
Posted By: Gumbini Re: Israel - 05/25/07 04:33 AM
It counts by me! Why do you go? Any reason is a good one! I moved here from Pennslyvania 18 years ago.
Posted By: Gumbini Re: Israel - 05/25/07 04:35 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I'm ready to by some speakers but would sure like to hear some first.
Posted By: richeydog Re: Israel - 05/25/07 05:38 AM
I'm curious, are there any speaker shops where you live? What kinds of speakers have you listened to in the past?
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Israel - 05/25/07 06:18 AM
I work for a semiconductor company and we have several offices in Israel. I mostly visit our Yokneam offices and stay in Haifa.

I've been to Jerusalem twice but mostly for the tourist route w/ coworkers. On my next visit I'd like to try the catacombs, maybe even Elat. Best meal has been at Pasha's in East Jerusalem. Now I understand why my Israeli friends complain that they can't find good pita bread in the US.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Israel - 05/25/07 06:33 AM
Lee, another welcome to you. I see that you work as a tour guide and that reminds me of the tour I had about ten years ago that included Israel(the Israeli guide we had used the nickname "Nimrod"). Don't know anything about the Israeli audio scene, but if you get yourself some Axioms you might be the very first!(or maybe not, since there was previously a dealer there). I and probably the majority of owners bought on the basis of excellent reports without actually hearing first, and our confidence has been rewarded.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Israel - 05/25/07 03:50 PM
A semiconductor company in Israel... I wonder which one that could be.
Posted By: Gumbini Re: Israel - 05/25/07 08:23 PM
We have plenty of speaker shops. I've heard Klipsh, Mission, liked the Paradigm Studio 40s and also the B&W 704s.
Posted By: Gumbini Re: Israel - 05/25/07 08:26 PM
The "catacombs?"
Do you mean the Bar Kochba caves?
Or perhaps the Grottos of Rosh Hanikra?
Both are unforgettable!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Israel - 05/25/07 08:27 PM
Axioms may be a good fit for you, then. They're said to be similar to both lines, although I don't believe I've personally heard either.
Posted By: Gumbini Re: Israel - 05/25/07 08:32 PM
I actually know of a guide named "Nimrod." I really want to order the Axiom speakers but sound is so personal. Today I auditioned a pair of B&W 704s and a top of the line B&O system. I liked the 704s better. The salesman couldn't believe it. But if that's the case, it makes me hesitate to order without hearing first.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Israel - 05/25/07 08:43 PM
When I was auditioning speakers a long time ago, I listened to a set of Paradigm Reference 100s. I wasn't highly impressed; in fact, I couldn't tell the difference between those and some Monitor 9s I had heard the day before (different room, etc, etc.) Sound is a personal thing. I'm not sure where I was going with that.

Nevertheless, although B&O can be nice and pricey, nice and pricey doesn't necessarily equate to good sound. B&O seems to mostly focus on looks, these days.
Posted By: Gumbini Re: Israel - 05/25/07 08:51 PM
They look mahvelous!
Since there was an Axiom dealer here a few years ago, it is fairly certain that there are a few pairs of speakers here that, if I could just find them....I could listen to. If anyone can give me a hint as to how to find them I'd sure appreciate it.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Israel - 05/25/07 08:54 PM
Gumbini,

what speakers are you looking at? Like others have stated, I didn't even audition them, I just ordered them, and have loved them ever since I got them.

Email axiom to see if there are any names on file in Isreal, that should help you out.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Israel - 05/26/07 01:02 AM
If you like the 704's, I can almost say for certain you will like the m60's or m80's. I almost purchased some 703's about 3 years ago but the price was out of my budget. The 703's are a good match to the m60's, actualy, I think the 60's are better, so the 80's would be even better.
Posted By: Gumbini Re: Israel - 05/26/07 12:20 PM
Actually they told me there were customers in Israel and I asked if they could either give me their names or give them my name, I got this reply: I am sorry, it is against Axiom's policy.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Israel - 05/26/07 06:17 PM
The owners of Axioms have to have their names on the audition list in order for Axiom to be able to contact them with regards to auditions, something about a Privacy act I believe; just common courtesy to me. I wouldn't want to be contacted by someone out of the blue without knowing I was on a list.
Posted By: Gumbini Re: Israel - 05/26/07 06:38 PM
I thought if Axiom contacted 1 or 2 customers and gave them my name, they might call me. Especially since there's a dealer out here somewhere who likely has the speakers and could sell me other equipment, a receiver, dvd, etc. I'd be happy to order if I was in the U.S., but getting equipment all the way over hear without hearing them seem imprudent.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Israel - 05/26/07 06:55 PM
I feel for you, but there are many people that would feel it an invasion of there privacy if even Axiom themselves contacted them about this.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Israel - 05/28/07 01:53 PM
the bottom line is that ordering some M60s and doing an in-home test and sending them back if you don't like them (you pay shipping back) is still worth it, compared to the cost of the other speakers you are looking at.

-Hutz
© Axiom Message Boards