Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Kubo Greater Vancouver Area - 01/17/09 01:56 AM
I would welcome the opportunity to hear M22's, M60's, M80's or a complete surround sound system.

This would be most appreciated.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 01/17/09 04:27 AM
Kubo, welcome. If you look at the list in the audition thread above, you'll see several possibilities in BC. The usual procedure is to try to make contact by way of a PM, since they may not see your post. If that doesn't work you might contact Axiom directly for assistance in making arrangements for an audition.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 01/17/09 02:51 PM
Hey John, maybe he is in WA. \:\) In either case, there are people on the audition thread, page 1. \:\)
Posted By: Screefer Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 01/17/09 03:08 PM
I can audition M22's and EP-350 along with Yamaha surrounds.I'm in Merritt.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 01/17/09 03:22 PM
If I can convince my parents to buy some M80s, they could audition them for you, they live in BC... ;\)
Posted By: BoB/335 Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 01/17/09 04:02 PM
Wouldn't you have to convince yourself first?
Posted By: Adrian Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 01/17/09 04:39 PM
I'm already convinced, but want to make a trip to Dwight in person. I've auditioned some great speakers over the last few weeks, including some brutal ones. None, it seems, can touch Axioms value/performance...Monitor Aud comes the closest in my opinion. For peace of mind, people should still see what else is out there, even if they're sure they'll still buy the Axioms. Axiom makes a quality product and would likely welcome any comparisons.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 01/17/09 08:05 PM
I still go out and check the latest and greatest from the low end compaies or low end lines, Polk, Energy, Paradigm, Focal, etc and they still don't compare to the M80s at the same price range.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 01/17/09 08:16 PM
Jay, I'm curious as to whether you've heard JBL ES80/90s. These were a huge dissappointment to me, much more so than the Energys. Honestly, I couldn't listen to the JBLs, just brutal (heard them in 3 different stores same result).
Posted By: BoB/335 Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 01/17/09 08:54 PM
I heard the ES80's at J&R Music. I thought they sounded clearer than the Polk I heard in that price range. (Think it was the
RT1 A5) The Polk had better bottom but sounded dull. The JBL's had no bottom and the highs were not smooth but it still sounded clearer than the Polk. The ES80's were $299 each and the ES90 in black ONLY was also $299. Can't imagine a $600 pair of speakers coming anywhere near even what the M60's should be.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 01/19/09 04:37 PM
Adrian, I will have to double check, but I believe one of my friends has the ES80's and yes they are a disappointment if his are these particular speakers, very muffled, not much midrange or even bass response, IMO.
Posted By: agarwalro Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 03/20/09 04:57 PM
I am in Seattle. See sig for gear. PM if interested. I am available most evenings after work or weekends if we pre-plan.
Posted By: CV Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 03/20/09 05:44 PM
I want your NES.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 03/20/09 05:47 PM
I have one I might be tempted to give up.
Posted By: CV Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 03/20/09 06:08 PM
Did you finally get a SNES?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 03/20/09 07:33 PM
\:D No, a Wii and download all the old games.
Posted By: agarwalro Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 03/23/09 05:51 PM
 Originally Posted By: CV
I want your NES.
LOL! Unfortunately, this one's spoken for. It was bought as a B'Day gift for my ex and now needs to be shipped to her...

I got it on eBay a couple of years ago, $35 shipped with power supply, 2 controlers and four of the classic game cartridges. Amazingly, everything looked new and worked flawlessly.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 03/24/09 12:02 AM
ok Jay, how do I download old games for my kids wii, does it cost points or something?
Posted By: Kruncher Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 03/24/09 01:23 AM
Wii's Virtual Console: "NES, SNES, N64, NEOGEO, Sega Genesis, and TurboGrafx 16 titles"

It's deja vu all over again.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 03/25/09 09:15 PM
You buy points, either on line at the shopping channel or Wii points cards at stores, then hit the virtual console so nicely linked to, but through the shopping channel again. I trust you have the Wii connected to your internet connection.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 03/26/09 12:06 AM
yup, sure do, may have to check it out. ;\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 03/26/09 12:08 AM
so once you purchase a download, it is yours to keep? I assume it stores on the internal storage of the Wii, or do you have to by a memory card?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Greater Vancouver Area - 03/26/09 10:37 PM
Either or. The download goes to the Wii memory first, then you can move it to a memory card later throught the Wii settings page. And yes once downloaded it yours to keep.......for that particular Wii. I recently sent mine in and received a refub in return, all the settings were already set up and I just had to redownload the games I had already purchased. If I didn't want any I just didn't download that particular game. I can go in and download it later.
© Axiom Message Boards