Axiom Home Page
Posted By: panabrite Hamilton Ont area - 02/03/09 07:41 PM
New to the board ..I am looking at buying some M22 V2 for my front speaker set up.I was wondering if anyone has these speakers to audition..Thanks
Posted By: fredk Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/03/09 08:46 PM
Check out the sticky thread at the top of this forum. I believe there is someone down towards Niagra listed with M22s.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/03/09 09:03 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

You should also PM those listed in the sticky at the top as to a possible audition and if that yields no returns, contact Axiom to see if there is anyone nearby they could contact on your behalf for a possible audition.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/03/09 09:04 PM
PM stands for Personal Message. \:\)
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/03/09 10:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack

Our Prime Minister stands for Personal Message??
Posted By: Wid Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/03/09 10:14 PM
 Originally Posted By: wheelz999

Our Prime Minister stands for Personal Message??

You didn't know?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/03/09 10:18 PM
No, but we always assume the people looking for an audition know what PM stands for...
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/03/09 10:19 PM
I just got in touch with the Huck in the Falls..Via email,His are from 2003 and has had good luck with warranty ..Issues with tweeters.
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/03/09 10:23 PM
I would rather IM..
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/03/09 10:25 PM
PM is how you contact people within the Axiom website, much safer than IM, also not everyone has IM.
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/03/09 10:27 PM
I was being a smart a$$
Posted By: jakewash Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 12:04 AM
You're fitting right in.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 12:14 AM
Moderators, please delete this thread. ;\)
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 01:18 AM
We might as well close it, I just ordered M22's and a vp100..I will audition in my own place
Posted By: Wid Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 01:56 AM

No better place, congrats and welcome.
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 02:16 AM
Thanks for having me..I am anxious to try them out..
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 02:20 AM
Welcome to the forum panabrite!! \:\)
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 02:23 AM
What receiver will you be using panabrite?
Posted By: BoB/335 Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 02:36 AM
Some people have no problem making a quick decision. I wonder why that is.
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 02:45 AM
Marantz 6003..Picked it up about a month ago.Very nice unit .I tried many units over the past several months.This one is a keeper
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 02:59 AM
 Originally Posted By: BoB/335
Some people have no problem making a quick decision. I wonder why that is.

Bob, once you've made the decision, just have faith in it. Listen, I started looking at Axiom a long time ago, well about 3-4 months ago. I looked at numerous speakers, just for my own peace of mind. There's nothing wrong with taking time to decide, in fact you should inform yourself before making that decision. Once you DO make the decision, stick with it, you've done your research.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 03:07 AM
rock on
Posted By: HAY Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 04:26 AM
Congrats on the purchase, good idea to quickly order before everyone starts suggesting 80's ;\)

If you want to check out the QS8's let me know as I'm in Burlington and they're fantastic speakers for surround and multi channel music.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 09:53 AM
A Marantz and M22s, should be a great sounding system, Congrats!
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 12:10 PM
 Originally Posted By: HAY
Congrats on the purchase, good idea to quickly order before everyone starts suggesting 80's ;\)

If you want to check out the QS8's let me know as I'm in Burlington and they're fantastic speakers for surround and multi channel music.

I would love to get the 80's, But my current built in has 2 openings for speakers that I built to accept my old speakers, 24"x 10".I could rework the openings.After talking to my wife she advises,not a good idea with the little ones playing target practice on them.My current openings are off the floor 48"
I was told to run the m22 upside down to get the tweeters at ear level..

My current speakers sound descent,but I think lack highs and mids.They have one tweeter and a 7" sub and are 15 years old.
As far as the QS8's go.I would love to hear them .I am trying to convince my wife first though.I have to tell her about the center channel speaker purchase and let that sink in and let her hear the new setup.I am sure she will like it.
I did a lot of research about different speakers.I was torn between axiom for there rav reviews and Paradigm studio 40 v4 . I did listen to them in 2 different stores.Both times I was impressed, but sounded different each time.Excellent in 1 location and ok in the other .
So best place to listen, is in my own enviroment..
Posted By: BoB/335 Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 12:26 PM
Very nice built-in look. Clean lines!

I don't think the M80's would work well for you because of the rear ports on the M80's.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 01:37 PM
The m22's also have a bass port in back, not sure if they will work well in an enclosed area like that, the port allows low frequencies to filter into the room. I'm suprised Axiom didn't say anything about that when you called them...

Maybe you would have been better off with the W22's or the new T2's, you might have been able to incorporate them into those openings as they are designed for inwall/onwall mounting.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 04:19 PM
I'm with Randy, as soon as I saw that picture the W series was the first thing that I thought of all it would need is some minor work to close off the opnings to the correct size of the mounting bracket. They would look incredible with that set up. The other option would be the T series, in-wall. I was thinking the T80 and simply remove the panels at the bottom of the columns to get them mounted,, if there is enough depth to handle a a ~20" depth. Either way I beleive these would give you better overall performance as the rear port on the M22 will not be much of a factor and most likely alter the sound of the M22. Since you have already ordered them it will be interesting to read your opinion of them placed in that area. Just remember you can always send them back and trade up to the 'W' series.
Posted By: fredk Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 05:31 PM
+1 on the room. Very nice.
+1 on the w22. That seems like the ideal solution.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 05:45 PM
panabrite, you might call Axiom if they have not shipped yet and rethink your order.
Posted By: BoB/335 Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 06:45 PM
I didn't realize that the M22 had a port on the rear.

Are there rear views of the entire Axiom line?
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 06:48 PM
Go on the products page and click on "photos"
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 07:20 PM
click photos on whatever product you looking at.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 07:27 PM
All of the Axiom regular speakers, except the VP and QS series are ported, The 'W' and 'T' series were designed to be mounted in situations in/on walls cabinets like Panabrite is doing.
Posted By: fredk Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 07:55 PM
I seem to remember someone here suggesting that Axiom could do a custom version of a speaker with a front firing port. Has anyone ever tried this?
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/04/09 07:57 PM
If Axiom doesn't do it, maybe Fedex will.
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 12:09 AM
I guess I will have to see if the rear port location will affect the sound stage.My entertainment unit is a wall 26" in front of my basement wall.So basically they are not enclosed in a tight boxed area.I will be bringing the speaker out of the opening about 3 inches.
That is my story and I am sticking to it ;\)
Posted By: fredk Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 12:57 AM
So its like a false wall or second wall? If that is the case the bass coming out of the rear port is going to go into the space between the two walls rather than your room. It will affect the sound of the speaker such that you will loose some of the bottom end.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 01:13 AM
Doesn't really have anything to do with soundstage.

The purpose of the port is to filter low frequencies into the room, I don't see based on the picture how that will be accomplished. I would still consider calling Axiom to see the status of your order and get a second opinion. I think if they were aware of your situation, they might recommend another speaker.
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 01:56 AM
No sense in getting uptight at this point. I will set them up and see. They should be here tomorrow and looking forward to it. I am thinking that low of frequencies from the vent port are not going to effect the soundstage of my music to much with my style of wall unit..
Posted By: Wid Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 02:12 AM
Hey, it's twins
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 02:13 AM
Lol Are you talking about the avatar?
Posted By: Wid Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 02:21 AM

Yeah
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 02:27 AM
My oldest son made it for his cell phone a couple years ago and I thought it would be funny to compare.
Posted By: Wid Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 02:28 AM

I like it, keep it.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 03:07 AM
ummm, not getting uptight, just trying to help someone not make a mistake, oh well I guess you can figure everything out yourself, not sure why you come asking questions.
Posted By: Wid Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 03:08 AM
Now don't get uptight \:D
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 03:11 AM
I think he was referring to himself(self reassurance) Randy. I had to read pan's comment twice, I think that's how he meant it.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 03:11 AM
Uptight? You would not like me if I was uptight. ;\) By the way Rick, I heard you had an interesting call tonight. \:\) Oh well, I'll stop hi-jacking this thread, later.
Posted By: Wid Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 03:17 AM
So I heard \:\) I was a tad busy at the time.
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 03:28 AM
ummm, not getting uptight, just trying to help someone not make a mistake, oh well I guess you can figure everything out yourself, not sure why you come asking questions.

Come on now,You are hurting your "Twins" feelings. \:D Yes I was referring to my own person,No one else .Oh by the way I do really appreciate the input.
Posted By: BoB/335 Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 11:15 AM
By the way Rick, I heard you had an interesting call tonight. \:\) Oh well, I'll stop hi-jacking this thread, later.

An "interesting call", hey? So where does that leave the rest of us here? (Wish I could paste in a guy hanging from a rope by his neck)
Posted By: RickF Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 12:09 PM
I believe with the 24"x 10" opening that Panabrite has, he'll be fine with the ports and and his in-wall placement.

Whenever I built our room I was going to enclose a pair of 60s in the back wall for rear surrounds and was told by Axiom that so as long as I had approximately 4 or so inches of clearance behind and to the sides or top there would be no SQ loss, and with that clearance the ports would be perfectly fine. I went so far as asking if that setup would work for the mains and was told it would work 'perfectly fine'.

The dimensions of the M22s are H W D (inches): 19.8" x 7.3" x 8", so with his 24" by 10" opening Panabrite should be fine as long as there is clearance for the back of the speakers.

Beautiful setup Panabrite, welcome and enjoy!
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 12:30 PM
Reading your post made my day..I am hoping they sound great.If not live and learn and deal with it.Before I purchased these I did call them and mentioned by situation and height location and the only concern or opinion I got was maybe place them upside down so the tweeter is more ear level.I did say I would send a pic, but ended up posting on here after purchase.
Did you ever do your built ins?
Ps I wish I was in Florida right now, -24c here
Posted By: RickF Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 12:44 PM
No actually I went with a pair of QS8s for the back, I couldn't make the in-wall build with the room I was working with. I was thinking about being more concerned with the height more than anything else, hopefully with the tweeters upside down you'll be fine ... also you *may* have the room in the enclosure to tilt them down a little, that may help.

It's 27 here in Vero this morning, unusually cold for us ... I'm freezing.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 03:12 PM
Hey panabrite,

While your solution may not be optimal, I don't think it's nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. Try it, see if you like it, and let us know! There's always fixing it later.

Just to add to your confusion, though, you should know that Axiom will be introing some speakers called T80s, which are M80s specifically designed to be integrated into a cabinet like yours (assuming yours is around 2 feet deep).

Oops... sorry... ;\)
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 03:19 PM
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
T80s, which are M80s specifically designed to be integrated into a cabinet like yours (assuming yours is around 2 feet deep)

Looking at your photo again (beautiful room, BTW!), I think the height of those T80 tweeters would be perfect! \:\)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 09:19 PM
I'm inclined to agree with RickF and Ken; I think you'll be just fine with the M22's in those openings. As long as the port can "breathe" (i.e. it's not sealed into a different space than the listening space and it has adequate clearance), everything should be dandy. On a sonic basis, I agree with the suggestion to put them updside-down, but that might look kinda freaky. I bet you'll be pleased. If not, you can always try the W22's.
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 09:37 PM
Well.. They arrived and did not get delivered.Wife was home all day and at 11:50 this morning finds a note on the door saying to pick them up at the warehouse.We have had many shipments to the house and always answered.Our furry 4 legged door bell never misses a knock at the front door. I think -24 was enough to just put a note on the door and continue down the road to deliver the very small single packages and deliver the large 3 item packages back on a loading dock and call it a day..
My Rant...
6:00pm I can go and get them ..Thanks for the input guys.When are the T80s coming out?
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/05/09 10:56 PM
Under the "news" heading on the front page there is mention of the T80s coming out over the next months (nothing definite). If this is something you might want to persue, I would fire an email to, or call up Axiom and see if they can give you a better idea. These speakers will open up alot of possibilities for dedicated HT's. \:\)
I hope the delivery guy didn't take your speakers back to the warehouse because the boxes were in too good a shape ;\) Just kidding, but nothing would surprise me.
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/06/09 03:12 AM

SPEECHLESS
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/06/09 03:15 AM
\:D
Posted By: fredk Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/06/09 03:54 AM
I would call FEDEX and inform them when THEY will deliver the packages to you.
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 12:56 AM
Well..I am done playing for the weekend. Very enjoyable,I am very pleased with the speakers.The issues I had with my existing openings was no concern with sound quality. I tried them in the opening and outside the opening, no difference.The vp 100 was a great upgrade from my original center speaker.I did have to run the m22 upside down for better performance in the room.
I am no audiophile and I am having a lot of fun playing with the system and room configuration. The m22 did perform great,But I am thinking they are a little undersized for my room. I have been comparing my existing front speaker upside down now and I am thinking they just sound better to me with the new vp 100 .They just seem to "fill" the room more.
I am thinking that the perfect fit would have been the m80's.The only problem is I can't do it,My wife watches little ones through the week and they would have a "hay day" with them.
I do love the sound the m22 have,Very crisp and clear.I am wondering if I should go with the QS8 v2 on the sidewalls?
I have been reading some posts in here comparing the m22 to the QS8's and they compare in sound.

This is the size of the room

I wondering if I put the QS8's on the two columns if this would sound good?

The problem is we have so many different listening spots in the room.Some input would be Great
Paul
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 01:17 AM
When you say they don't "fill" the room, are you talking bass, treble, or just overall power? Are you talking music cranked up, or movies? Are you incorporating a sub, and if so, have you calibrated everything correctly?

Just trying to understand where they are lacking for you? I know you say you tested them within your enclosure and out, but speakers are reinforced by the walls around them. It appears it is open behind those openings, so in my opinion you will loose some performance.

If you have a sub, are the speakers set to small in the receiver, and are you using 80hz crossover in the receiver, and bypassed on the back of the sub?
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 02:03 AM
We tweaked everything on the sub.Set up the receiver for the new speakers.They are set to large ,sub is doing a great job.We tested the speakers in front of the entertainment unit with the holes closed off because of our concerns with loosing performance...You guys "spooked" me.
When I said they "seem to fill the room more" I wasn't saying the m22 where not filling the room .I just find that I am satisfied with my fronts in a new configured way with new front center.It is hard to explain in words.They have a warm filling sound.I even said to my wife if I could run all of them together It would be perfect.Hence QS8's
Posted By: fredk Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 02:07 AM
If you're happy, hold off for the T80s ;\)

I wonder if two sets of side surrounds would work in a situation like that. Dunno?? Maybe ask Alan.
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 02:23 AM
I would love to wait for those ..I cant have them because of the kids.
That's why I was thinking about adding the QS8's in the middle of the room on the columns..Same height as the backs.Run the system in 7.1 Multi channel.If that makes sense.Hey No Glass of beer Icon? ;\)
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 02:26 AM
Why not go with the T80s and just put a lockable cabinet door over the front?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 02:40 AM
Panabrite, it sounds to me like you are prefering the warmer/ more mellow sound of your old fronts better than the M22s, correct? I guess you do not find the mismatched timber to be bothersome with your old mains and the VP100 compared to the M22s and the VP100.

I would do as you are suggesting and run QS8's in the areas you are suggesting and run the system in 7.1 for even more envelopment, to get a reasonable idea of what it would be like, try using the M22s or your old mains positioned as highup on ladders as possible in those, or as close to, those spots as possible to see if you find a 7.1 configuration worth the money. I think you could also just install a set of QS8 in place of your present surrounds for much better surround experience.
Posted By: Wid Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 03:04 AM

What sub are you using?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 01:01 PM
I would set your 22's to small, they can't produce the low freq's and move air like the sub can. Your sending freq's to the 22's it can't produce.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 01:09 PM
I second the "small" setting!
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 09:45 PM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
Panabrite, it sounds to me like you are prefering the warmer/ more mellow sound of your old fronts better than the M22s, correct? I guess you do not find the mismatched timber to be bothersome with your old mains and the VP100 compared to the M22s and the VP100.

I would do as you are suggesting and run QS8's in the areas you are suggesting and run the system in 7.1 for even more envelopment, to get a reasonable idea of what it would be like, try using the M22s or your old mains positioned as highup on ladders as possible in those, or as close to, those spots as possible to see if you find a 7.1 configuration worth the money. I think you could also just install a set of QS8 in place of your present surrounds for much better surround experience.

Your posts sums it up.Don't get me wrong guys I like both sounds experiences..This is why I am thinking about using the QS8's in the mix and be able to run my old faithfuls also.I am going to experiment tonight with different positions in the room .
I am running an Audioshere sub and it really works great.
What is "mismatch timber"?I am on a learning curve here..
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 09:53 PM
your speakers should be the same brand/drivers to be "voice matched"..
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 10:09 PM
This is what "mismatched timber " means.I will have to listen carefully to see if I can hear this
Posted By: jakewash Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 10:14 PM
Definition I pulled off the web for timbre:How the ear identifies and classifies sound. Example: the timbre of the same note played by two different instruments (flute and tuba) will not be the same

Let's say a trumpet plays through the VP100 then for some reason moves to the left speaker, the trumpet's notes may sound higher or lower pitched through the LR speakers than it does from the VP100.

Another example would be a voice that sounds clear and concise on the VP100 might end up coming through the LR main for a split second as the actor leaves the scene, the voice may not be as clear and concise(the reason I am sure you prefer the VP100 to your old center), this difference may or may not bother you. I know it bothers me when I hear it.

Usually sticking with the same manufacturer and speaker line across the front eliminates this mismatch in tone. Some people are irritated by this change in tone/timbre others not so much.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 10:25 PM
One way to explain timbre matchinging would be something like a train moving from left to right across your HT (not literally!!). You should hear, correction, "not hear" the transition between one speaker and another as the sound moves through from left to right, it should be 'seamless'. Sometimes when different speakers are used, or are poorly timbre matched you would hear a pitch change as the sound goes from speaker to speaker. (::making train sounds....weeee....aaaaaahhh....woooohhhh(wrong)----weeee....eeeeaah...aaahhhw(correct)::) man! I feel like an 'audiopile' now! NOT!!
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/09/09 10:28 PM
Thanks .I totally understand now. I am going to have some fun now.. \:\)
Posted By: RickF Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/10/09 01:45 AM
That did not sound like a train to me Adrian ... you need to try it again.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/10/09 01:54 AM
Reminds me of Hee Haw.
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/10/09 02:59 AM
After listening with the speakers in different configurations.I think that the Qs8s are not my solution .I found the multi channel just to much, almost fake sounding on certain songs..The music did not sound as true as the 2 channel stereo.Mind you I was using the m22s in the column locations on there sides roughly in height..The M22's up front are crisp and clean sounding .I think my conclusion is a larger left and right speaker for my room size.I just fired an email off to Axiom to see when the T 80's are available .My old speakers do sound good but they are not as crystal clear on the highs, the m22's I think are a little small for my configuration.I tried setting them to small, adjust the sub levels .Eq levels .Need a little more. I guess that is why they make different sizes..
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/10/09 03:11 AM
Give it a few days and tweek with the sub settings and if you still don't like it, trade up for something bigger. You do have a big room to fill.

I dunno, I always like to give speakers a good run through before making any final decisions.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/10/09 03:19 AM
 Originally Posted By: RickF
That did not sound like a train to me Adrian ... you need to try it again.

wwwsssssssssss........ssSSSSWWWWWWwrrr.....rrrrrrwwwwwwaaaaaaa!!!!
Posted By: fredk Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/10/09 03:32 AM
Herd of cocroaches on a Saturday night?
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/10/09 03:35 AM
...getting sprayed with a can of "Raid" at the end(aaaaaa!!!!)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/10/09 05:14 AM
Make sure you have enough in the wall for the 80's, they take up lots of room. Width and Height, are the same as the regular floorstanding models. Can't remember what your driving your system with, make sure it is stable with a 4ohm load.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/10/09 05:17 AM

Posted By: lucv13 Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/10/09 08:04 AM
Having a quick gander at your thread and thought I would offer a suggestion somewhat similar to what you were thinking about doing with the QS8. I was having a similar problem with my system and the dipoles I purchased

(yea it's not Axiom but the good people here let me stay as long as I contribute something worthy once in a while \:D )

Anyways the Dipoles just didn't sound right in the rear, there just seemed to be something missing - It was suggested to me to try and move the Dipoles to be used as rear sides and to try and use a pair of direct speakers for my rears to complete the 7.1.

That did it, that's exactly what was missing.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/10/09 04:23 PM
Panabrite, just curious as to the positioning of the M22's when you tested upfront and outside of the wall opening, were they setup on stands with the tweeters at/near ear level? I have noticed that in some rooms if they are not positioned well you will not get maximum performance out of them and they can sound weak.

I also suspect your sub is due for an upgrade, I haven't been able to find much info on Audiosphere subs and the little I have found, suggests it is ~10-15 years old. The subs these days reach alot lower and a lot flatter, this can make the M22s seem like floor standers even in rooms as large as yours, at least within the listening area, as the listening area doesn't look to be that large. The M22s + good sub, really do sound much like the M80s with no sub and if your sub is older as I suspect I think it would be nearly drowned out by the M/T80s, I know my old sub was, I barely knew it was on for many things I listened to, the upgrade in sub made a world of difference for the M22s and the M80s. Just one more thing to consider in this audio puzzle
Posted By: panabrite Re: Hamilton Ont area - 02/11/09 09:45 PM
Yes I did have the speakers out of the holes and covered them also .I ran them upside down also to get the tweeters more at ear level.Yes my sub is old but it really does a good job with the lows .I should go and listen to some new ones and see the difference. I am running a 6003 Marantz,good for 6 ohms 125w each channel or 8 ohms 100w each channel according to the manual.I called the company I bought the receiver from and they say it should handle 4 ohms speakers ,Lots of ventilation and not cranked to the max for hours. He didn't try to sell me an Amp.that's a good sign.Also axiom rep said it should handle the m80's also.
Axiom also said T80's are available now and by the end of February T60 will be available to audition.Same prices as m80's and m60's
It may be worth the drive...
© Axiom Message Boards