Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie Forgive the Toronto-Centric Post . . . - 09/24/12 05:32 PM
. . . anyone else sending a mental RIP to Sam Sniderman, founder of Sam The Record Man? I'll never forget the first time I saw those big vinyl records, on a trip to the Eaton's Center with my parents. And when I got inside . . . woooow! He was such a benefactor of the Canadian Music Scene.

Ian used to tell stories of finishing his shift at Lumina and hopping in someone's car to gun down to Sam before it closed.
Posted By: fredk Re: Forgive the Toronto-Centric Post . . . - 09/25/12 02:49 AM
You beat me to it. I remember my folks heading to that store to pick up world music long before world music existed as a category. He had stuff you could not find elsewhere.

I did not realize it, but he had a hand in launching the careers of a number of Canadian greats including Gordon Lightfoot.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Forgive the Toronto-Centric Post . . . - 10/11/12 01:10 AM
I remember heading to the Sam the Record Man store at TD Square when I was a 13-14. He was a great proponent of the Canadian music scene.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Forgive the Toronto-Centric Post . . . - 10/11/12 08:12 PM
I remember going down Yonge St to Sams as a kid, usually by subway and buying albums cheaper than anywhere else. I can still picture those big, lighted records lit up at night.
© Axiom Message Boards