Axiom Home Page
Posted By: TroyD Is there a new line of Subs coming out - 09/23/13 05:23 PM
Is there a new line of subs or upgrades to the subs coming out and if so when is the expected date ?

I ordered the M80 a month later the M100's came out.

I don't want to do this again, I plan on ordering a couple EP500's but if the new line is coming will wait. Chances are I am going to order after christmas anyways.
Posted By: alan Re: Is there a new line of Subs coming out - 09/23/13 06:21 PM
Hi troyd,

Not that I'm aware of. I was just over at the plant a couple of weeks ago for a visit and also did some listening tests at the plant. I had dinner with Ian and Amie (Colquhoun) and Andrew Welker. If there were a new line of subs coming, I'm certain it would have been mentioned.

Regards,
Alan
There was this discussion though I don't know if it went anywhere or not or what sort of timeline is involved.
Posted By: TroyD Re: Is there a new line of Subs coming out - 09/24/13 01:19 AM
Hi Alan thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, Socketman that was one of the threads, there are a few more references to new subs of some sort.
Maybe they are talking about new amps in the subs
Posted By: CV Re: Is there a new line of Subs coming out - 09/24/13 01:51 AM
Axiom Subwoofers: Survey and Next Generation

It's hard to know how much longer they'll be in development. It's been quiet, and we haven't heard about the Airplay speakers in a while, either.
Posted By: Cohesion Re: Is there a new line of Subs coming out - 09/26/13 03:16 PM
I personally was expecting something new in subs -- either a new line or a new speaker or some kind of upgrade -- this fall. As I understand it, Axiom does much testing of subs outside on a pole and this is mostly only practical in summer and early fall. So given that there has been no further mention of this, and instead we got the new M100 and (almost) the upgraded woofers for the LFR1100, I'm guessing it will be next summer/fall at least until much new comes out in the subwoofer line.

Then again, Axiom has been known to make incremental improvements without any fanfare...
Posted By: fredk Re: Is there a new line of Subs coming out - 09/26/13 09:25 PM
I think Alan is just yanking our chain. He has 4 of the new subs playing in his living-room (or maybe his sailboat?) at this very moment. whistle
Posted By: Murph Re: Is there a new line of Subs coming out - 09/27/13 12:01 PM
Jealous. Although I'm pretty sure an EP800 would sink my Hobie Cat.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Is there a new line of Subs coming out - 09/28/13 01:44 AM
Originally Posted By: alan
Hi troyd,

Not that I'm aware of. I was just over at the plant a couple of weeks ago for a visit and also did some listening tests at the plant. I had dinner with Ian and Amie (Colquhoun) and Andrew Welker. If there were a new line of subs coming, I'm certain it would have been mentioned.

Regards,
Alan

Alan is being coy.
Expect a new line of subs coming out...

wink
Posted By: alan Re: Is there a new line of Subs coming out - 09/28/13 02:10 PM
Not really.
There was no discussion of new subs and the double-blind listening tests I did turned out to be--as I wrote in my rating sheet-- "these are two excellent speakers, virtually identical (in fact they might be the same speaker)" .

When I discussed the results with Ian after several days of tests, it turned out it was identical speakers, LFR1100's, with different woofers!

I awarded "both" speakers A and B with the highest scores I've given in double-blind tests at the Axiom plant, about 9 out of 10.

Anyway, if there were any new subwoofer in the near future, a prototype would have been in the listening tests.

Regards,
Alan
Posted By: fredk Re: Is there a new line of Subs coming out - 09/28/13 02:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph
Jealous. Although I'm pretty sure an EP800 would sink my Hobie Cat.

laugh

At least you have a Hobie to sink.
Posted By: SBrown Re: Is there a new line of Subs coming out - 09/28/13 03:01 PM
Maybe they are redesigning the amps because they have been showing pictures of new breadboards they are working on.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Is there a new line of Subs coming out - 09/29/13 04:20 AM
I say Alan is trying to blind you with a sidetrack on the LFR.
Expect a new subwoofer line!
LOL

laugh
Posted By: Cohesion Re: Is there a new line of Subs coming out - 09/30/13 12:00 PM
I would personally bet that we'll see a new centre channel based on the M100 before any new subs. Will they call it a C100?
Posted By: stevej Re: Is there a new line of Subs coming out - 10/04/13 08:02 PM
When I called back in July about upgrading the woofers on my LFRs I asked about subs. I was thinking about purchasing a new sub and was told at that time that new subs were in the works and I may want to wait. I don't want to say who it was that told me but I would have thought he would know what was going on.
© Axiom Message Boards