Axiom Home Page
Posted By: JBG Review of ADA1500 from Canada Hifi - 01/25/14 01:18 AM
See the review of the ADA 1500 from Canada HiFi .. here

oh ya , nice ....I almost had myself talked down and now this. Sheesh, its hard enough to keep my upgraditis in check and this guy comes along singing ADA praises. I feel so weak............
Posted By: JBG Re: Review of ADA1500 from Canada Hifi - 01/25/14 05:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Socketman
oh ya , nice ....I almost had myself talked down and now this. Sheesh, its hard enough to keep my upgraditis in check and this guy comes along singing ADA praises. I feel so weak............

my battle with upgraditis best summed up by my wife as the cat that keeps on comming back smile
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Review of ADA1500 from Canada Hifi - 01/25/14 05:51 PM
I am puzzled by the comment " But the beauty of an amplifier like the ADA 1500 is that it is designed to power far less efficient speakers, like many of Axiom’s own 4 ohm models."
I was confused by that as well. The Axioms are far from inefficient , I suspect the author was more referring to the fact that a 4ohm load requires a robust amplifier. Poor wording on his part, perhaps he should have proof read it before posting it.
Posted By: TroyD Re: Review of ADA1500 from Canada Hifi - 01/27/14 01:20 PM
Finally two days later I can log on again.... I feel like I get suspended every once in a while lol

Anyways, I was wanting to point that out also. He praises the great efficiency of his Monitor Audio GOLD as easy to drive (the GX 200 fronts have a sensitivity of 89 dB and the GXFX surrounds are rated at 87 dB) and with the Axiom M80 at 92db I always thought the high the number the easier to drive. Thats a 3 db difference. Does that not mean one of two things...

a. The amp will only take half the wattage to drive the Axioms at the same db levels as the MA's
or
b. The Axioms will play twice as loud as the MA's

and instead of saying less efficient speakers , he seems to stress " Far less efficient"
I suspicious the writer was more making reference to the fact that a 4ohm fill requires a effective firm.
© Axiom Message Boards