Axiom Home Page
Just got my latest E.H. newsletter. Usually it is filled with items that are just ho-hum, or require you to visit their horribly slow website, but I noticed one article that was written by Axiom's own Alan Lofft (albeit back on November 12, 2013) titled '4 Simple Tweaks to Improve Your Surround Sound'
Alan is the man.

I know exactly what he means about a frankenstein system. Those were the days! laugh I had JBL es20 bookshelves with a soundstage (same oem of JBL) center and yamaha outdoor speakers with a DIY LCD projector lighting a blackout cloth screen.

I remember pulling apart dual polk subwoofers and stuffing them with polyfill to tweak them!

You learn so much doing it that way I found. Even though I never ended up with axiom gear, I've learned so much from coming here and reading his articles over the last decade or so.

Alan is the man.
Frankenstein system: That's probably the main reason, I opted for an EP500 instead of an SVS sub.
I bought my SVS sub back before Axiom had anything like an EP500...

If the subwoofers are the "legs" of the Frankenstein monster, mine has two large, mismatched, but identically functioning, legs (SVS and my DIY SVS clone), and the rest of the body is all cohesive (Axiom)
I guess mine is standing on one foot.
You mean paw laugh
Thanks, Nick and Serenity Now,for your kind remarks and I'm pleased my articles have been helpful.

I know my articles keep popping up long after my retirement from Axiom. This one is heavily edited but it's OK; the important points are retained. In the past, I tended to "write long", so tight editing is often an improvement.

Regards,
Alan
© Axiom Message Boards