Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D PlayStation 5 - 01/10/21 02:40 AM
Has anyone on the Forum been lucky and snagged either model? My eldest son used a bot and scored the Blu-ray drive version. He didn’t want the other one. I’ve wasted too much time and effort to no avail. I should have asked him to get one for me while he was at it. Duh
Or now just wait until later and Sonys production gets ramped up.

Jeff
Posted By: CV Re: PlayStation 5 - 01/10/21 03:22 AM
I haven't even tried because I figured it would be impossible. I think I may wait for a hardware refresh, if I get one at all. I haven't been playing my Xbox Series X a ton just because I have so many games to play on my PC, and it's hard for things to seem next-gen compared to PC. I do like the possibilities of the DualSense controller, so I hope that level of haptic feedback becomes an industry standard. Like your son, I would want the version with the disc drive. I would never want to be locked into digital purchases, even though the bulk of the games I own are in my Steam library. With consoles, I get physical copies whenever possible because I like being able to pass them on to my nephew or whoever when I'm done.

I wish you luck. Bots+scalpers are really making life hell for normal people these days. I still want a new video card, but who knows when those will be readily available, either.
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D Re: PlayStation 5 - 01/10/21 10:09 PM
Yah,
Me too, I don’t want the digital version either. I like having that physical disk in my hand. Being able to trade/borrow games is a great way to try something out.

Jeff
© Axiom Message Boards