Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiroh Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/01/22 11:25 PM
I might be in the market for on wall speakers and I am wondering if Axiom is coming out with anything new or newer revisions?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/01/22 11:44 PM
Just be thankful you can still get speakers. Buy them now before supply chains come to a screeching halt in 6 months!
Posted By: spiroh Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/01/22 11:52 PM
lol. I will call tomorrow and ask. Thanks
Posted By: Mojo Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/02/22 12:41 AM
I know they're working on new grills but Ian wants them in leather and Amie is fighting for lace. I say leather up top and lace down below.
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/06/22 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Mojo
I know they're working on new grills but Ian wants them in leather and Amie is fighting for lace. I say leather up top and lace down below.

Maybe a special edition lime green acoustically transparent "lycra spandex blend", "Mojo Mankini Grills". But not too transparent if you know what i mean.....
Posted By: rrlev Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/06/22 04:32 PM
Mojo's a showman ... Think a while back he mentioned something about sitting in his living room and being one with his naked drivers ... his big bay window's only privacy is apparently some spindly tree ... IMO, I'd think anything he might put on, transparent or not, would be an improvement smile
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/06/22 04:36 PM
Ha Ha Ha! Nicely put rrlev.

I feel sorry for that spindly tree, thats a lot of responsibility for one little shrub...
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/06/22 04:43 PM
Spiroh, all joking aside, if you're inthe market for OW speakers, if you haven't already, check out the B-stock and Refurb stores online. There is a hearty selection of reduced price m3OW v4 right now. Very reasonably priced, but they may not by the woodgrain or color choice you need or want, that the only hiccup.

In terms of m3v4, I just purchased a bookshelf version of that speaker and it's a lovely little speaker that im slowly getting to know. I really enjoy it, it has a great soundstage and image playing from my old modest reciever in my bedroom, nice bass that is not over done. It has less forward midrange than im used to with my m60ti floorstander. Its not a bad thing though, just different. I really like them.

Full disclosure, i have never heard the on walls personally, but if they sound similar, ( which i think they would if you installed them correctly ) i can recommend them as a nice sounding speaker and quality build too. Boston cherry real wood veneer is very nice.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/06/22 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by rrlev
Mojo's a showman ... Think a while back he mentioned something about sitting in his living room and being one with his naked drivers ... his big bay window's only privacy is apparently some spindly tree ... IMO, I'd think anything he might put on, transparent or not, would be an improvement smile

Yup. I cut down Moe, the giant pine, because the neighbor across the street was complaining she couldn't see through my window. Now she's glued to hers with a popcorn bucket in her lap.

Meghan, my mountain ash, is only spindly in the winter. One day, I might post a photo of her cute, little butt.
Posted By: Hambrabi Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/06/22 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by spiroh
I might be in the market for on wall speakers and I am wondering if Axiom is coming out with anything new or newer revisions?

For the highly fragmented loudspeaker market, it's not unusual to see 10-15 year production runs. One year a company might update the subs, another year the tweeters, another year the woofers, and another the inventory management system...

The only meaningful audio development I see in the future is the 5.1.x multichannel wireless audio market. Enclave Audio is almost there, but I don't want plastic speaker enclosures and tiny drivers. I'm sure latency is an issue, but I would gladly switch my passive speakers and AVR for such a system if it's the right price.
Posted By: Eblack12 Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/06/22 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by spiroh

I just got two of the On wall M5HPs. Only had them a week so far and I love them. They have been great for TV and listening to music. They are very clear even at high volumes.

They do not have as much bass as I thought they would, but still have a satisfying low end. I bet the bookshelf variety has a much deeper bass to them, but I got on walls due to the small space I am in.

I liked them enough I purchased the on wall VP100 in the B stock to go with them as a center channel. Check out the Bstock as there were a few of the M5HPs available. The M5s i got were B stock and I cant find anything wrong with them at all. Beautiful finish.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/06/22 10:06 PM
Eblack, did you have to use MCACC in your smallish room to tame their bass? Glad they worked out for you. And I see you already bought the centre. smile
Posted By: Eblack12 Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/06/22 10:14 PM
Eblack, did you have to use MCACC in your smallish room to tame their bass? Glad they worked out for you. And I see you already bought the centre. smile

I haven't tried to use the AccuEQ on the Onkyo receiver yet. I was planning on trying that out tomorrow to see what that does to the sound of the speakers. Other than changing the bass settings for the speakers, I haven't changed many settings at all other than doing the initial configuration at start up.

Yeah I'm looking forward to see how the VP100 performs. I really love the sound these speakers put out.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/06/22 11:47 PM
I don't want to influence you so I won't tell you that AccuEQ should result in tighter bass, more focused imaging, greater midrange detail and an expanded soundstage.
Posted By: Hambrabi Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/07/22 03:30 AM
I don't want to influence you so I won't tell you that AccuEQ should result in tighter bass, more focused imaging, greater midrange detail and an expanded soundstage.

My experience with AccuEQ is that it changes absolutely nothing in my living room, and I hear no difference with it on or off. It could be that I have superb acoustics that doesn't need fixing. I find the volume calibration settings to be spot on and didn't need to tweak it.

It was excruciating getting warranty support for a replacement AccuEQ microphone from a company undergoing bankruptcy, but Microland Canada (the company contracted to do Canadian warranty support) pulled through.
Posted By: Eblack12 Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/07/22 07:19 PM
I did run the AccuEQ and i am satisfied with the results it came up with. I think it did help a good deal with the bass and they sound real good.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/07/22 08:18 PM
That's awesome!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/08/22 09:38 AM
Eblack, given the dimensions of your room, the M5 is likely giving you useful bass down to 28Hz because your room is boosting all frequencies from 56Hz and below. At about 28Hz, the M5s in your room put out about as much energy as they do at 80Hz. And it sounds like AccuEQ is doing a decent job of flattening any peaks across that range which makes the bass less muddy and more enjoyable.

So you're all set for music unless you listen to the pipe organ. But since most of your time is spent on movies, you may be missing any low frequency effects that are in the soundtrack.
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/08/22 03:46 PM
I gotta see the math on this. Educate me.... Did you pull from modal calculator? Curious.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/08/22 05:33 PM
Trevor, there's a good treatise of this at the following link:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/analytical-analysis-room-gain.23211/

The bottom line from all of this is that room gain rises at 7 to 12 dB/octave starting at the frequency where the longest room dimension is a half wavelength.

Incidentally, this is why a 500, 600 or 800 does not work in my living room but a 125 does. The 125 rolls off enough that room gain brings it up to flattish on the low end. The sealed subs gain too much and go boom!

Having said the above, someone whose hearing is bad down low could benefit from the sealed subs. Alternatively, with sub EQ - which I don't have in the living room - the sealed subs may work better than the 125.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Anything new coming from Axiom? - 05/08/22 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hambrabi

My experience with AccuEQ is that it changes absolutely nothing in my living room, and I hear no difference with it on or off. It could be that I have superb acoustics that doesn't need fixing. I find the volume calibration settings to be spot on and didn't need to tweak it.

Maybe your acoustics are great. Maybe Onk improved AccuEQ.

I've noticed, bankrupt or not, Onk is continuing to fund improvements in AccuEQ, and as far as features in its receivers is concerned, it's giving the competition a run for its money.

Eblack, I think you made a high value choice with that purchase.
© Axiom Message Boards