Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MMM no so hearing things it seems sadly - 08/21/22 01:22 AM
One can only hope this is an anomaly and not the state of future. Seems the ADA1500 upgrade with Active LFR's may not have been a great investment as 3 of the 5 channels it seems have blown on the left side amp. It seems rather unfortunate as i had some guests coming around tomorrow and was going to show off the system. Guess that is now off the table as there is little point showing speaker that doesn't work.

Looks like there is going to have to be another trip out to Axiom world to see if we can get them to replace the unit or at least get it working within specs with 5 channels working at the same time.
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: no so hearing things it seems sadly - 08/22/22 12:05 PM
May want to make sure something hasn't triggered the 1500 to go into safe mode.
Posted By: MMM Re: no so hearing things it seems sadly - 08/22/22 06:23 PM
Well, got in contact with Axiom and went through the diagnostic process. Yes, the flashing internals in the ADA1500 was it going to protection mode. The cause of it was that something went wrong inside the DSP.

I tested by powering everything off. Unplugged for about 15 min just to be on the safer side. the amp came on with solid lights inside the unit.. that is good. However the the front speakers didn't seem to want to respond. So swapped the Tweeter/Mid XLR plugs for the fronts with the ones for the backs on the amp and the sound would come from the front tweeter and mids, so that showed the speakers were not blown and the amp channels were in fact working. Then we swapped all the cables around plugging in different cables into each of the outputs and corresponding amp/speaker input to rule out that it wasn't a defect on some of the cables. Definitely the DSP doesn't want to output any signal for the front tweeter and mid.

I had initailly thought the woofer channel wasn't working, but that was likely as i was listening to Schubert Symphony #2 and flutes/clarinets don't produce enough bass to drive a woofer.. You need to wait until the bassoons and timpani come before you will see the woofers start to move.

Looks like a road trip is heading my way.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: no so hearing things it seems sadly - 08/24/22 04:04 PM
A channel went on my ADA1500, purchased earlier this year with LFRs, arrived around March.
It's been back at Axiom since May.
Still haven't got it back. Can't run LFRs properly without out it.
My new reference sound, sounds not so great. I'm wondering how my reaction will be when the LFRs get powered up again properly.
Posted By: CV Re: no so hearing things it seems sadly - 08/24/22 05:12 PM
Dang, you need that back. So far my Actives are doing well, though the blue LED went out on one of my DSPs.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: no so hearing things it seems sadly - 09/25/22 02:26 AM
Finally got the ADA back last week.
Then i discovered a heat sink fell off somewhere inside, (had a rattle when i took the amp out of the box). Apparently it was a part off an inductor and as such, the unit was unsafe to run.
Just got another (new) amp now this week.

Maybe, finally, this saga is coming to an end.
© Axiom Message Boards