Axiom Home Page
Stumbled across this recently. I'm really excited about this and the fact that Dave Stewart is going to be directly involved. I love all their stuff. Annie's voice is just sooo incredible. I think this is long over due.
oz

In reply to:

SonyBMG confirm their most extensive album reissue campaign to date.

Fans of 80's hitmakers the Eurythmics will no doubt be having sweet dreams tonight, with news of the re-release of all eight of the seminal bands studio albums, as well as a forthcoming hits collection.

Each of the eight studio albums - 1981's "In The Garden", 1983's "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of These), 1983's "Touch", 1985's "Be Yourself Tonight", 1986's "Revenge", 1988's "Revenge", 89's "We Too Are One" and 1999's "Peace" - are set to drop November 14, the same day as their new greatest hits package "Eurythmics Ultimate Collection", which will include the brand new single "I've Got A Life" and "Was It Just Another Love Affair?".

Each re-mastered album (which was overseen by Dave Stewart) will include, on average, 4-7 bonus tracks - including one previously unreleased cover version. All eight albums will also be available as a special box set. 1983's 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)' album features a rare cover of Lou Reed's 'Satellite of Love', while 1983's 'Touch' album includes a previously unreleased version of David Bowie's 'Fame', and 1988's 'Savage' includes a moving rendition of The Beatles 'Come Together'.

Eurythmics have notched over 75 million in record sales, making them the UK's most successful duo ever.

I thought she did a great job at Live8 too - what a voice!
I thought she did a great job on the closing credits of Return of the King!
She was pretty darn impressive when she opened for Sting this year! Better than he was, unfortunately.
I picked up her "Live in Central Park" DVD at Costco for 9.99 it is excellent. It was her return to the stage after 6 years away from live performing. I was hesitant but because of the price I figured what do I have to lose? I'm very glad I picked it up because I haven't seen it there since. If you see it, grab it! I wanted to see the Sting/Lennox double bill but I reacted to slowly. Tickets sold out very fast here in Atlanta. I'm surprised Sting was a disappointment. I have seen him a couple of times and really enjoyed the show.
oz

Likewise, but I dunno... maybe I was just in a crummy mood that night, but it just seemed to lack something. I'm also not overly fond of his new album. A little low on substance (and poorly mastered to boot). But hey, I'll see him again. After all, it's Sting!
© Axiom Message Boards