Posted By: sssutherland Where in the world? - 11/15/05 01:24 AM
Where are you Axiom owners?

This is pretty cool!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 01:36 AM
That IS pretty cool!
Posted By: willso7 Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 01:39 AM
yes i like it
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 01:41 AM
Very nice. Not sure why, but it doubled my "shoutout" text. I can't seem to find a way to edit it.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 01:41 AM
GREAT IDEA! Hope everybody participates.
Posted By: thyname Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 01:43 AM
Got myself in!
Posted By: Wid Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 01:43 AM
Ok I just tried it again and had to click remove first then go ahead and click back on add to edit.
Posted By: craigsub Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 01:53 AM
This is the 3rd one of these I signed up for. My wife is gonna KILL me if this catches on.
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 01:57 AM
In reply to:

This is the 3rd one of these I signed up for. My wife is gonna KILL me if this catches on.

LOL, just tell her you're doing a good deed for mankind.

Sutter
Posted By: bray Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 02:04 AM
What is a shoutout?
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 02:12 AM
Bray, it's basically where you list what you have to let others know what you have for auditioning.

Sutter
Posted By: dmn23 Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 02:13 AM
VERY cool! Of course, I'm the only idiot who didn't list his Axioms on the shoutout. Neat stuff...

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 02:17 AM
In reply to:

What is a shoutout?

Bray, it means you're old. . .
Posted By: craigsub Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 02:40 AM
In reply to:

What is a shoutout?

Isn't it that stuff you spray on clothes to get out stains ?

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 02:44 AM
In reply to:

where you list what you have to let others know what you have for auditioning

Now, I don't want to be a buzzkill or anything, but the "shoutout" feature is really just what text you want displayed with your username on the flag at your location.

The map was titled for "Axiom Owners" not "Axiom Owners willing to host an audition".
Posted By: Wid Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 02:58 AM

I put in my e-mail address for contact info.I figured it would be a good way to let someone know how to get in touch with me.
Posted By: sssutherland Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 03:49 AM
Yup,

My intention was just for fun to see where the concentrations of axiom owners are.
Posted By: sssutherland Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 03:53 AM
In reply to:

Craigsub,

Of course its the third one you have signed up for. . . .

when you own that much great audio equipment!!!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 03:54 AM
Pretty Cool link
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 03:55 AM
Well I'm sorry for misinterpreting what it meant. I guess I'm just not that selfish. If one is interested in hearing something before buying, I'm more then willing to help a person out. The world is full of enough jerks, I don't feel it needs any more, so I do what I can to help people.

So I stand corrected, it's where you simply list what Axiom speakers you own.

Sutter
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 03:57 AM
I like the fact that you can click on a persons name, then change to Satellite view, and then zoom in on their house..
Posted By: sssutherland Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 04:37 AM
I'm going to PM Amie and recommend they "axiom" start another one of these with people willing to do auditions. But it will still be cool to see where all the axioimites are out there with this one.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 04:42 AM
I was just thinking the same thing, what a cool thing to add to the Axiom Audition thread, that way people would not have to notify her, they could just add their own information to the website...
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 04:50 AM
In reply to:

I'm going to PM Amie and recommend they "axiom" start another one of these with people willing to do auditions. But it will still be cool to see where all the axioimites are out there with this one.

That's a real good idea man. Good thinking.

Sutter
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 04:51 AM
This is just me appreciating the glory of an unexpressed thought.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 05:50 AM
I just added myself, with my new zipcode in Leesburg, VA.

(Not to derail the thread, but we close on the new house on the 30th of Nov!)
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 05:54 AM
In reply to:

Not to derail the thread, but we close on the new house on the 30th of Nov!

Congrats on the purchase of your new home!

My wife and I are in the process of building our new house. Probably be another year or two before it's actually complete and everything, but we're really looking forward to it nonetheless.

Sutter
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 12:58 PM
Yes, Congrats!

I think that when the map is done, we should have a concerted effert to get Axiom owners in Montana and North Dakota and every other state that doesn't have a representative on these boards!
Posted By: Amie Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 03:57 PM
Amazing idea! I'm sorry to be so late to this thread - I'm on the road - but I have started one specifically for auditions. I'm sorry for making you double up!! The link is here.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 04:00 PM
Amie, you should add this website to the main Axiom Audition thread (page 1) as it is always at the top and never gets buried by other posts...
Posted By: dllewel Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 06:49 PM
Very cool. Leave it to Google.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 07:55 PM
Why don't we take it a bit further and provide links to our homes in Google Earth?! Fortunately for me, my house doesn't show up in the satellite image. Pretty freaky stuff.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 08:33 PM
Added myself, but it didn't like my zipcode (50327) so I put in one close by. Cool idea!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Where in the world? - 11/15/05 09:57 PM
Not sure I want to give out to much detail, especially where I live. Now if I get someone interested in an audition, I'll provide some more info to them
Posted By: thyname Re: Where in the world? - 11/16/05 02:39 AM
Congratulations!!

What house did you get if I can ask? I am looking for a townhouse myself in Northern Virginia, but I find them very expensive.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Where in the world? - 11/16/05 05:48 AM
Do I dare even ask what a "very expensive" townhouse in N. Virginia goes for?

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Where in the world? - 11/16/05 08:10 AM
In the neighborhood (+/- $25k) of $300k for 3br, 2ba where I'm looking. In more 'desirable' areas, such as Reston, you might pay up to $50k more for the same.

Right now, we're having trouble deciding what to tell them to fix before we buy. The home inspection turned up some issues.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Where in the world? - 11/16/05 08:16 AM
I was afraid you'd say that. I guess "very expensive" is a relative term. Around here people would KILL for a 3bd 2ba for under $550,000. KILL.

Our place is essentially a 1 bedrom, 1 1/2 bath with an added den/small bedroom. 1000 sq feet. If we were to put it on the market today, it'd likely start at $500K+ Crazy. Simply crazy.

I keep telling Roger we should sell and run! Vancouver would be very nice.

Posted By: craigsub Re: Where in the world? - 11/16/05 12:29 PM
Spiff - I guess having a 5 Bdrm, 4 bath, 7000 square foot home on 3 acres with an 8 car garage would be a bit more in your area than the $450K we paid ...

Of course, we have been here 9 years... and we have put $150K into improvements.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Where in the world? - 11/16/05 12:39 PM
LOL! I always used to wonder, when you would mention having a smoking/guys retreat in your garage (with music system), where the heck you put your cars. I knew you had at least 3 cars. 8 CAR GARAGE explains it quite well. Your stinkin' garage is bigger than my townhouse. Sheesh!
Posted By: EddyZ Re: Where in the world? - 11/16/05 01:16 PM
My lil' ol 2 BDRM, 1 Bath, 1,000 sq.ft. bungalow with half-finished basement cost us 64K when we bought it. I finished off the upstairs into one large bedroom, split in two by a doorway w/out a door. I'd hope to get 100K when we go to sell. My dad's 3800 Sq.ft. home he built in Plano, TX, probably cost around $300-$400K!

Edit: I have a 1-car garage but it is full of kids toys!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Where in the world? - 11/16/05 02:59 PM
I'm gonna go have a good cry now.
Posted By: JaimeG Re: Where in the world? - 11/16/05 03:59 PM
Congrats!, we might be neighbors in the near future,, I have my eye set on a new project in Leesburg.(Potomia)

BTW: I'll say the average price of a 1 or 2 car garage townhome (1600 - 2200 sqf) in NOVA is around 400K-450K. Add 50k if it's in a nice location.

~Jaime
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Where in the world? - 11/16/05 05:01 PM
Spiff,
If you are talking Vancouver, B.C. the real estate market is going crazy! Condos in downtown Vancouver sell out years before they are even built. A friend of mine purchased a condo (2 br, 2 bathroom) that is around 1500 sq. ft. on a pre-sale 5 years ago for $375,000 cdn. This unit is on the 14th floor overlooking Stanley Park and the north shore mountains. He could sell this condo right now for $875,000! The real estate experts are predicting the downtown condo market to reach New York prices in the next decade.
Posted By: LT61 Re: Where in the world? - 11/16/05 05:51 PM
When I looked at the satellite close-up of our house, and neighborhood...........it shows our location out in the middle of a huge, dirt field!
That's a hoot.
Posted By: RickF Re: Where in the world? - 11/17/05 02:54 AM
How are you all getting pictures to upload? I've tried pasting a couple of photos and can't seem to get them to upload for some reason....could it be me doing something wrong? Naw, couldn't be that.
Posted By: thyname Re: Where in the world? - 11/17/05 04:34 AM
It all depends how far from DC you go. Of course you can find a good 3 Bedroom 2 bathroom TH for around 350K in places like Woodbridge, Leesburg or Centerville, or Manassas, however that is only if you work locally and don't have to commute daily to DC (like my wife does). If you live in Woodbridge for example, you need to live home at around 5:30 to be in DC at 9. Same TH close to where I live now (Bailey's Xroads) cost for 500K.
Posted By: sssutherland Re: Where in the world? - 11/17/05 06:37 AM
In reply to:

How are you all getting pictures to upload? I've tried pasting a couple of photos and can't seem to get them to upload for some reason....could it be me doing something wrong? Naw, couldn't be that.

I found when I tried to upload a larger photo it would try but not make it up there. They may have a size limit that they are not telling us. Try downsizing or degrading the pic a bit and see if it works.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Where in the world ... is Carmen Sandiego - 11/17/05 06:37 AM
oh come on. someone had to do it!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Where in the world ... is Carmen Sandiego - 11/17/05 06:39 AM
Man, I've been thinking that since the thread started.
Posted By: lkv_11 Re: Where in the world? - 11/17/05 08:49 PM
Good to see a few more Canadians added on the map. I'm sure there are more of you out there.

I wonder what the map would look like if all of the axiom owners on this board added themselves. It might look like an Axiom invasion force taking over North America with all those markers popping up.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Where in the world? - 11/17/05 11:18 PM
Did anyone, aside from me, notice chopa2less' VERY sad photo.

http://www.frappr.com/axiomowners/photo/560001

The photo's caption is "axioms are not waterproof; none survived the flood." I am heartbroken to hear this.
Posted By: Wid Re: Where in the world? - 11/17/05 11:20 PM
That is a sad sight for sure.Hopefully he and his loved ones are all alright.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Where in the world? - 11/17/05 11:21 PM
That is, indeed, very sad.
Posted By: Kootenay_Audio Re: Where in the world? - 11/25/05 04:41 AM
I'm in. Drop by anytime.
K_A
Posted By: lkv_11 Re: Where in the world? - 11/30/05 03:14 PM
The map looking good so far, although if you zoom out it looks kinda crowded in North America. Hello to the axiom owner in Turkey! Nice to see other people across the ocean enjoying their Axioms.

Would love to see other owners from outside N. America add themselves. Let's make it an Axiom world.

Posted By: RickF Re: Where in the world? - 12/03/05 10:15 PM
1,000 ... The number of post we now have in the 'Hearing Things' forum! 999 just didn't look right.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Where in the world? - 12/03/05 11:35 PM
"An Axiom World"cool sentiment

We'd have had another one, this time from India, were it not for their oppresive and unfair import restrictions.

More than just a little sad
Rich.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 12:41 AM
I just hope everyone actually updates the TRUE Axiom Audition map that Amie started. So far less than 15 people have signed up.

I really think this map would work if everyone gets onboard, this way Amie does not have to constantly update the page 1 of the Audition Thread at the top of this forum.

See Link below, come on guys help Axiom out
Posted By: Wid Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 12:45 AM

Has anyone else noticed that a Swan onwer named Ssabripo has regestered on the Axiom frapper.What's that supposed to about ?
Posted By: dllewel Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 12:55 AM
I don't know.

I remember him posting here in the last month asking for anyone who could demo an EP600 in the FL area. This was because of the Axiom/SVS shootout and GTG threads over at AVS.

I think he must be a pretty decent guy since he was willing to seek out an Axiom owner to listen for himself. Others at AVS were just as happy to not bother listening to it, before commenting negatively on it.

I wonder if he ever was able to audition an EP500/600 sub?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 01:00 AM
At least when you click on his name he says "Not an Axiom owner, but a big fan". That is cool.

Who is "ILOVEYOU.TXT" on the same map? That person loves Axioms, in Freemont, CA.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 02:59 AM
Based on his activity over at AVS, I'm totally confused how he could classify himself as a "fan" of Axiom. As many here are, he is an SVS owner. I have no problem with that at all. But, I don't perceive him as unbiased, and cannot interpret his comments regarding the EP600 as those a "fan" would make ("wimpy driver" - "poorly braced" etc.) IMHO, he is an SVS/Swan fanboy who has aspirations of being a "player" on the forums.

"Fanboys are noted for a very emotional attachment to their chosen subject, often taking negative remarks about it as a personal attack. They will readily engage in debates, but will fall back on emotional responses. For example, a "fanboy" may go out of their way to point out negative and often untrue statements about their obsession's rivals; this is commonly known as FUD.

Fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) is a sales or marketing strategy of disseminating negative but vague or inaccurate information on a competitor's product.
" (see the comments above)

Posted By: bray Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 03:01 AM
Yea... he hangs over at AVS, and seems to be a really nice guy.
Some of his posts CRACK me up.

well theres two different opinions
Posted By: Ajax Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 03:11 AM
No problem Randy. My opinion is just that. No more; no less. I don't mind people holding a differing opinion.
Posted By: Wid Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 04:26 AM
In reply to:

IMHO, he is an SVS/Swan fanboy who has aspirations of being a "player" on the forums.

I completly argee with your assement Jack.Even when he was posting here trying to convince everyone how much better the Swans looked and gave his so called review.To me it seemed like he was just trying to make himself some Swan converts.

From a post over at AVS by Ssabripo.

"I was able to audition the M60ti's (as well as ROckets 750s, Paradigm studios, B&W 704s and 603s, Energy Veritas 2.4i, and others) while doing my search for speakers around this time last year....I ended up with the Swan Diva 6.1s! To put it bluntly, they are pretty hard to beat in overall performance in the sub$1.5k range."

Then from his post here on the Axiom forum at the end of his review of the Swans.

" ps- Sorry, I never got to try the Axioms, so I cannot say how they would have compared, but man, if the Axioms are anywhere near these, I would have been impressed..."

Hmmmm ?

Posted By: bray Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 04:38 AM
Uhhh....... You mean Brady?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 04:47 AM
My humble apologies Brady. I am embarrassed. Another "senior moment." Jeez, I hate that.

I found it interesting that on an Axiom map he posts a photo of his SVS. Hmmm?
Posted By: RickF Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 07:57 AM
In reply to:

ssabripo
(frequent flier)
04/10/05 12:43 PM
Re: Very Confused...need advice on Speaker upgrade [re: spiffnme] Reply

ANYONE in the miami / Ft Lauderdale area with some M50, M60, or M80s that I can come hear????

Please?!!! :-)

Post Extras:

In reply to:

ssabripo
(frequent flier)
04/12/05 01:08 PM
Re: Very Confused...need advice on Speaker upgrade [re: ssabripo] Reply

Ok guys,

I want to thank all of you for your inputs and your thoughts....after long hours of research, reading, and several trips to local stores, not to mention countless hours in several forums including this one, I have put in the order for the following:

a pair of Swan 6.1 floorstanding speakers!!

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 02:02 PM
That's ok Jack, you were thinking of me... ha ha

Heck, I'm 38 and I always call my wife by my sisters name, and vice versa...
Posted By: Nat Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 02:19 PM
I added myself to the frapper. Now you have one in the middle east. The town I live in is not actually on the list . But this is close enough.

Nice thread.
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 02:48 PM
In reply to:

I'm 38 and I always call my wife by my sisters name, and vice versa.

Sutter
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 03:48 PM
I know what your thinking Sutter, but that is just because you watch to many horror movies. I usually have this problem during holiday's when the whole family is togethor.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 03:54 PM
In reply to:

I always call my wife by my sisters name, and vice versa...

I read that wrong, as in "I always call my wife by HER sisters name"...
and was thinking "With the end result being so dependant upon the room we're in at the time.... "
Posted By: bray Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 03:58 PM
Very true.
Posted By: RickF Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 04:01 PM
I was reading it right but thinking, 'Oh man...good thing it wasn't his girlfriends name.' That could be very devastating!

Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 04:31 PM
In reply to:

I read that wrong, as in "I always call my wife by HER sisters name"...
and was thinking "With the end result being so dependant upon the room we're in at the time.... "

LOL, that's how I first read it too, hence my !!!! lol

Sutter
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 06:37 PM
Man you guys are all Twisted.......Sister, hey I made a joke.
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 06:46 PM
Yeah I like Twisted Sister, what's your point. lmao

Sutter
Posted By: ThunderRd Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 08:21 PM
In college I dated a girl who later married a member of Twisted Sister. She lived in Long Island and worked at a club called The Mad Hatter. Wild place. First time I'd seen a rock and roll venue in a strip shopping center. She also knew some of the guys in Foghat who were also from Long Island.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 08:25 PM
You know my type of music as well Sutter

"I wanna Rockkkkkk"
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Where in the world? - 12/04/05 08:55 PM
TURN IT DOWN YOU SAY,
WELL ALL I GOT TO SAY TO YOU IS TIME AND TIME AGAIN I SAY, "NO!"
NO! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!
TELL ME NOT TO PLAY
WELL, ALL I GOT TO SAY TO YOU WHEN YOU TELL ME NOT TO PLAY,
I SAY, "NO!"
NO! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!
SO, IF YOU ASK ME WHY I LIKE THE WAY I PLAY IT
THERE'S ONLY ONE THING I CAN SAY TO YOU

I WANNA ROCK! (ROCK)
I WANNA ROCK! (ROCK)
I WANT TO ROCK (ROCK)
I WANNA ROCK! (ROCK)

THERE'S A FEELIN' THAT
I GET FROM NOTHIN' ELSE AND THERE AIN'T NOTHIN' IN THE WORLD
THAT MAKES ME GO!
GO! GO, GO, GO, GO, GO!
TURN THE POWER UP
I'VE WAITED FOR SO LONG SO I COULD HEAR MY FAVORITE SONG SO,
LET'S GO!
GO! GO, GO, GO, GO, GO!
WHEN IT'S LIKE THIS I FEEL THE MUSIC SHOOTIN' THROUGH ME
THERE'S NOTHIN' ELSE THAT I WOULD RATHER DO

I WANNA ROCK! (ROCK)
I WANNA ROCK! (ROCK)
I WANT TO ROCK (ROCK)
I WANNA ROCK! (ROCK)

I WANNA ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
I WANNA ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
I WANT TO ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
I WANNA ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
I WANNA ROCK

I WANNA ROCK! (ROCK)
I WANNA ROCK! (ROCK)
I WANT TO ROCK (ROCK)
I WANNA ROCK! (ROCK)

I WANNA ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
I WANNA ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
I WANT TO ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
I WANNA ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
ROCK (ROCK)
I WANNA ROCK

Sutter
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: Where in the world? - 12/05/05 06:24 AM
Added myself a little early. My M3s and stands should be here in the next couple weeks (hopefully)
Posted By: jakewash Re: Where in the world? - 05/26/06 07:30 AM
Very interesting to see the geographic of owners.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Where in the world? - 05/26/06 01:25 PM
Isn't it? Did you navigate around the world to see the few Axiom owners in other countries? Fun! Be sure you click on the "show all markers" just below the right hand corner of the map. Otherwise you only have about half of the owners showing. I believe there are a couple of owners in Australia who haven't "put themselves on the map," so to speak.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Where in the world? - 05/26/06 04:43 PM
Just added myself... didn't realize Lorenzo1000 was a 'Pegger as well.

Bren R.
Posted By: Lorenzo1000 Re: Where in the world? - 05/29/06 05:42 PM
Yep Bren you're correct, I is what I is ( A winterpegger that is), but I prefer to lay low so to speak...
Posted By: BrenR Re: Where in the world? - 05/29/06 06:59 PM
Least one of us is quiet. *laughs*

Bren R.
Posted By: Lorenzo1000 Re: Where in the world? - 05/29/06 09:22 PM
Yep, I try to stay away from from those political threads, you can only tread water for so long...
Posted By: BrenR Re: Where in the world? - 05/30/06 07:25 AM
Tread water? That's why I bought these:

Bren R.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Where in the world? - 05/30/06 12:53 PM
Yup for treaddin' water, those look like the US Navy standard issue floatation devices supplied when I was in the Navy back in the 60s.

Ours were imprinted with "Donald Duck" in full Navy garb.(less bell-bottoms)

Feathered fingers had a rough time with the thirteen buttons.
Posted By: Lorenzo1000 Re: Where in the world? - 05/30/06 02:15 PM
Oh-Oh, spidey senses tingling ......, noooo, dimentia 5 again
© Axiom Message Boards