Axiom Home Page
Posted By: kwquattlebaum Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/26/06 03:20 PM
I'm desperate to audition some M22ti's live. I live near the Mall of Georgia (Buford). Thursday or Friday of this week is strongly preferred if anyone is available. Please reply ASAP.

Kevin
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/26/06 03:29 PM
Check the thread above this one for someone near you and pm them a message. Pm Amie for additional help.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/26/06 09:50 PM
Hi Kevin, welcome to our website.

The list that bug mentions above only includes two people in Georgia with m60's. You might want to PM Amie from Axiom to see if she is aware of anyone else. Otherwise there are lots of M22 owners that frequent this website that are not on the audtion list, maybe one of them will help out.

Another option is to try the 30day in home demo yourself, that way you will make the decision in your home if you like the sound...

good luck
Randy

Posted By: oz350z Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/26/06 11:27 PM
Hi Kevin... welcome to the forum.
I have M60ti and M3ti. You are welcome to hear either or both of those. Sorry no M22ti's that I know of in the ATL area.
oz

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/27/06 12:00 AM
The only problem is that then he'll want 60's...

Nothing wrong with that..... ha ha
Posted By: oz350z Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/27/06 12:46 AM
Ahhh! You see the method in my madness.
oz
Posted By: Wid Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/27/06 12:48 AM

In reply to:

The only problem is that then he'll want 60's...

Even better yet some M80s
Posted By: oz350z Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/27/06 12:52 AM
The real plan is to sell him my 60's then I can get the 80's
HaHaHaHaHa.
Posted By: Wid Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/27/06 12:55 AM
Now that does sound like a good plan. That Rotel will make those 80s sing with 300 a side .
Posted By: oz350z Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/27/06 01:00 AM
wid
Are you sending me a 300 watt RMS Rotel that I don't know about? You da man! You let the cat out of the bag eh? That's too bad 'cause I like surprizes
oz
Posted By: Wid Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/27/06 01:01 AM
My bad, that's thyname that has the Rotel.................sorry.

You would like it though
Posted By: oz350z Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/27/06 01:05 AM
Naever mind... in my best Gilda Radner voice.
oz
Posted By: Amie Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/27/06 01:44 AM
Many thanks Oz - you have a PM. Unfortunately Kevin's having posting trouble right now.
Posted By: thyname Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/27/06 01:47 AM
Yes, Rick it is me with the Rotels!! Now, really, if I had to do it again, I would get M80s, no doubt!!
Posted By: oz350z Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/27/06 02:10 AM
thyname
So it is you who are sending me a Rotel amp?
oz
Posted By: thyname Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/27/06 01:39 PM
You wish
Posted By: kwquattlebaum Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/27/06 10:26 PM
Big thanks to the gentleman who shall remain nameless for letting me hear his M60's and battle head to head with the (on loan from Evolution Home Theater - thanks guys) Paradigm Reference Studio 20 v.3's. We sat for two hours listening at all levels to classical, in studio, vocal, classic rock, new rock, 80's, etc.

To keep this short, the comparison was not fair as PRS 20's are bookshelf and AA M60's are floor standing but they are only $100 diff (M60's are the greater). Sorry to say but the PRS 20's were quite good compared to the M60's and the sound was very similar in almost every aspect. However I must say that for $100 more the M60 is the way to go! Deeper bass, slightly better high end and a touch more forward. Mid's were a tie to me at this point without really getting into some more time and tracks. The PRS 20's can hold their own but do sound a bit more boxed. The imaging from the M60's is superior as well and agian for the money if you can get the WAF... the M60 is the better option for my listening pleasure. There is more and maybe later I will post again when I have more but Axiom... great product so far and I am leaning your way! I only wish I had the M22ti's at my disposal b/c that is what I will be getting due to my wife wanting the floorstanders to take a seat on the shelf! Cheers
Posted By: JohnK Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/28/06 04:20 AM
Kevin, that sounds like it was an interesting session; glad that something was arranged for you. As to the M22/M60 question, although there's been some other opinion, Alan has compared them and reported that in small and average-sized rooms it was almost impossible to distinguish them, except for the low bass.
Posted By: oz350z Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/28/06 04:23 AM
Kevin
It was a pleasure. I had a lot of fun. Don't hesitate if you feel you need a refresher after checking out your other brands. Your welcome to come back.

I think you hit the nail on the head as far as your assessment. The Paradigm 20 were quite amazing for the size of them. I'm glad you didn't bring the PSR-80's or 100's over it might have dampened my enthusiasm for the M60ti. Not really I'm very happy with my speakers. The one area I would have to say I disagree with you is when you say the mids were a tie. To my ears the Axioms opened up the mid's noticeably.But again for just a 6 1/2 in and tweeter the PSR-20 was very nice sounding and just beautiful to look at as well. Make sure you drop us all a line here and let us know what you decided.

Oh...and I don't have to remain nameless you can just call me "Lefty" on second thought, I might be cunfused with some others here.
oz is fine with me.
best,
oz

Posted By: kwquattlebaum correction to prior note... - 01/28/06 05:08 AM
Lefty...

Ok, I must accept your response and agree. I was referring in general to the fact that I could hear very similar sound and pitch, etc. Your M60's did open up the soundstange really well/better and sounded smoother but without the proper sub addition I couldn't truly compare apples as I explained earlier... just not the same speaker set up/design. As I said I would prefer the M60's and we agreed on this before I left. Still, had a blast and will get with you when I have answer about Saturday meeting with AA CMT-340mSE's. Take care buddy and I'll be in touch. Oh, send me the names of the two cd's I really liked that you had. One you played first and the one with the 8 minute song - one about mary and the cross... ~ Cheers
Posted By: bridgman Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/28/06 05:56 AM
Interesting. I have always been a big fan of the Paradigm Studio 20s (probably my favorite bookshelf speaker) but have never had a chance to A/B them with Axioms. It's nice to get another data point...

Other than the deep bass, where the 60s will obviously be superior, the M22s are supposed to sound VERY similar to M60s so I think you are going to be real happy. Just make sure you keep the 22s right at the front of the shelves to minimize any "boxy" effect from the shelving unit.
Posted By: oz350z Re: correction to prior note... - 01/28/06 12:35 PM
In reply to:

I was referring in general to the fact that I could hear very similar sound and pitch, etc

Kevin

Yeah! the overall tonal character of the two speakers were quite similar.

The first Disk I played was Joni Mitchell Hits. It has a B&W picture of her laying in the street with a white car behind at the curb.
The other was Arvo Part "Arbos" w/ The Hilliard Ensemble
The cuts we played were the last two Arbos and Stabat Mater.
Part's Passio (the Passion) and Te Deum are also very nice.
Gotta be in the right mood though.
oz

Posted By: Zarak Re: correction to prior note... - 01/28/06 03:21 PM
The paradigm 20's and Axiom M22 are supposed to be very similar. I actually auditioned the Paradigms and liked them, then decided to go with the M22 since the cost was much less.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/28/06 06:00 PM
Make sure that gentleman doesn't remain nameless if you order from Axiom--he'll get a 5% gift certificate if they know about it.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 01/29/06 04:50 AM
Actually, the standard practice is to cut the person a check for 5% of the resulting purchase. I requested a gift cert once only because I was having trouble with Canadian checks. My last commission check -- from kaid's purchase, I believe -- was drawn from a US bank, so I had no issues depositing it.
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 02/01/06 05:47 AM
Gonna claim that income, pmb?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 02/01/06 03:40 PM
I plead the 5th.
Posted By: oz350z Re: Desperate to audition M22ti - 02/01/06 06:37 PM
I'm keeping quiet on this. I don't want to put the cart before the horse. But I can tell you he told me he really liked the 60's. After he talked to his wife she said she was all right with a floorstanding speaker as long as they were tall and thin. Hey! there is nothing wrong with tall and thin.
He was thrilled and wrote to tell me. So I think if he goes with Axiom he will be upgrading to the 60's. So now we wait and see.
oz
© Axiom Message Boards