Axiom Home Page
Posted By: chesseroo Ian in the news. - 02/27/06 03:20 PM
LINK
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Ian in the news. - 02/27/06 03:43 PM
Glad to read that Ian and co are planning an expansion. Only means more good things Axiom will offer!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Ian in the news. - 02/27/06 03:48 PM
I'm still waiting for them to hire me and open the new US facility here in the Midwest.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Ian in the news. - 02/27/06 03:53 PM
Employee discount?
Posted By: bridgman Re: Ian in the news. - 02/27/06 04:02 PM
>>but provincial zoning laws for rural areas won't allow him to build further on his existing property.

That is almost criminal. Ian planned WAY ahead and purchased land around the factory years in advance to make sure he would be able to expand. There is lots of room for expansion and Ian runs what is possibly the "greenest" manufacturing operation I have seen in my life. I can't think of any good reason not to allow expansion in his current location...

... except for goverment arrogance ;(
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Ian in the news. - 02/27/06 04:42 PM
I say build up.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Ian in the news. - 02/27/06 06:36 PM
I've decoded the secret code in the article.

I got "Em OneHundo Soon" by taking the logorithmic root value of each paragraph and averaging it with the last letter in the sentence.

I guess that means...M100's are coming!

Anyways, it's great to hear that axiom is growing!
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Ian in the news. - 02/28/06 12:27 AM
Great article, chess, thanks for the link. I learned some stuff.

I don't see how any manufacturing is viable in N. America/w. Europe in light of global competition. I admire the efforts of Ian and the other guy (from Lee Valley?) to keep as much of their operation as possible in the homeland.

I went to play poker Sat night at the mansion of some rich m-f'er - he made his fortune in the car business (sound familiar? ) - and the guy was trying to sell me a Toyota Tundra at the table.
I asked, "Where are those made?"
He asked, "Does it matter?"
Ummmmm..., yeah.

Apparently they're made in Indiana, btw.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Ian in the news. - 02/28/06 02:18 AM
Good link. Thanks, Chess.
Posted By: BassTek Re: Ian in the news. - 02/28/06 03:13 AM
At this rate Alberta will employ half of Canada! Good luck with the move if and when it happens.
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Ian in the news. - 02/28/06 05:26 AM
It sounds like Alberta needs an influx of 3rd world immigrants to fatten up the labor pool.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Ian in the news. - 02/28/06 01:27 PM
"The Alberta government said Monday the province is projected to post a $7.4-billion budget surplus for its current fiscal year, propelled by high energy royalties."

Looks as though Ian picked the right province .
Posted By: biggsly5000 Re: Ian in the news. - 03/02/06 04:13 AM
Maybe that is where they will build those digital amps they were talking about a few months ago too.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Ian in the news. - 03/07/06 05:50 PM
If Ian needs an engineer, I just happen to know of one who LOVES to ski, owns a condo in the Fernie area who mght be tempted to move permanently to the area........just guessing mind you!!! LOL
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Ian in the news. - 03/07/06 06:04 PM
Hi Mike...we haven't seen you around in awhile! It's nice to see you are still visiting!

Posted By: Ajax Re: Ian in the news. - 03/07/06 06:18 PM
I'll second that!
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Ian in the news. - 03/13/06 03:35 PM
Yeah, I have not spent much time here (or hear...for that matter!!!) in the past year.
I check in every now and then...just to let everyone know the Axiomite is still watching!!!
© Axiom Message Boards