Rate Thread
YouTube not playing well with my Firestick
#442923 07/24/21 03:46 PM
M
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
M
The all powerful Google is not helping me sort this new problem out......

I've been streaming various YouTube channels for over a year now on all three of my Firesticks. One is 1080P, the other two are 4K. No problems to speak of, until about, oh.....maybe two / three weeks?

The "problem", is that after watching a video for about 10 minutes, YouTube simply closes. Or I suppose crash is the geek term? I do not pay the monthly steaming fee for YouTube's add free content, and I am wondering if YouTube has figured out another way to irritate viewers enough to motivate them into paying for the ad-free streaming service. I am wondering this because I think YouTube crashes at about the same time it would normally go to a commercial.

I've tried clearing the app's cache, reinstalling the app, and resetting my FireStick. None of those have fixed this.

Has this happened to anyone else? Anything else I should try? I am now bound and determined to NOT pay another monthly steaming fee.

Re: YouTube not playing well with my Firestick
michael_d #442925 07/24/21 03:51 PM
M
shareholder in the making
M
A couple of weeks ago, one of my friends experienced the same problem on a Roku TV. She unplugged it, plugged it back in, and the problem was solved. I haven't experienced this problem on any of my devices including Firestick 4K. I pay monthly for Premium and love it. I don't have cable nor Spotify. I am still considering punting Netflix.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
michael_d #442926 07/24/21 03:59 PM
M
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
M
You don't have Spotify? I thought you were a bit time fan of Spotify?? Or am I thinking of someone else here.....???

What do you get with the premium you would not get with the no-pay version, other than no commercials?

michael_d #442928 07/24/21 05:52 PM
M
M
You haven't been following my posts. I favor youtube music over spotify now.

With premium I get youtube no ads and youtube music. I can download vids to watch offline and listen or watch while using another app. Right now I'm watching and listening to Iron Maiden while typing this on my phone.

House of the Rising Sone
michael_d #442934 07/24/21 10:29 PM
M
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
M
Follow your posts? Is that a thing, like stalking? But no, I wasn't aware of this new path you're on.

It's probably time for me to really consider what services I need and consolidate. I've got cable for my internet and landline (that I never use but to answer robocalls). I have cell service with a different provider, then I have DirectTV with a suite of premium channels, I have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Spotify, Pandora, and several monthly subscriptions to other network TV channels..... I don't even want to do the math on what I pay for all of them......

michael_d #442935 07/24/21 10:53 PM
M
M
Yeah, Axiom allows any forum member to stalk other forum members. Just keep it peaceful and no one has to get hurt.

I have cable only for internet. I'm coming up with a way to steal it from the Timmy's just down the street. No landline. No cable TV. No satellite. With the money I save, I buy premium tools to protect myself from stalkers who get dangerous.

House of the Rising Sone
michael_d #443308 08/25/21 12:45 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted by michael_d
The all powerful Google is not helping me sort this new problem out......

I've been streaming various YouTube channels for over a year now on all three of my Firesticks. One is 1080P, the other two are 4K. No problems to speak of, until about, oh.....maybe two / three weeks?

The "problem", is that after watching a video for about 10 minutes, YouTube simply closes. Or I suppose crash is the geek term? I do not pay the monthly steaming fee for YouTube's add free content, and I am wondering if YouTube has figured out another way to irritate viewers enough to motivate them into paying for the ad-free streaming service. I am wondering this because I think YouTube crashes at about the same time it would normally go to a commercial.

I've tried clearing the app's cache, reinstalling the app, and resetting my FireStick. None of those have fixed this.

Has this happened to anyone else? Anything else I should try? I am now bound and determined to NOT pay another monthly steaming fee.

Haven't had any issues with our Roku 4k streaming stick but that being said, i rarely use it for Youtube. Just do the occasional browsing for 4k content for kicks since nothing else we have does 4k atm.
Did have some issues with the Roku remote killing batteries every few days. Got that one solved. Need to keep the Roku stick plugged in via its power plug and not just the USB. For some reason the remote keeps pinging the stick all the time and burns batts but when the Roku is fully powered, its fine.
Bizarre, but the fix works.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020