AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
1 registered (DrStrangeQuark), 45 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13360 Members
11 Forums
23078 Topics
408054 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17843
pmbuko 16319
SirQuack 13356
CV 11388
MarkSJohnson 11061
Meanwhile On Facebook

(y) That countdown timer is finally off their site! Great to see high-quality s...

⚠ Only 5 days left in our Computer Speaker Presale! http://www.axiomaudio.com/c...

(y) Love this review a customer sent us recently: "Bottom line, these speakers...

❔ The new M1 High Powered Computer Speaker uses Axiom's latest full one-inch twe...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Any Archers Here?? by exlabdriver @ Today at 01:05 PM

I got the bug to relive my childhood so I just acquired some gear to get back into archery again - target only, no killing anything. The equipment has come a long way since the 1950s when I had an old wooden longbow (from where I can't remember) &am
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by exlabdriver @ Today at 12:46 PM

craig: With me directing my wife, I found that she could move our EP800s around quite well, ha! We put them on a bath towel on our hardwood floor & easily pushed them into place. The vertical form factor works well with them because one is not
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Right here Right now ... new Denon HT amp by nickbuol @ Today at 12:22 PM

Wow, someone is feeling a bit grumpy today... I don't think that anyone is ramming anything down peoples' throats since VHS. There was more to it though. DVDs were better quality, easier and cheaper to make, didn't degrade (like magnetic tape does
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by michael_d @ Today at 11:49 AM

Check out the M80 and M80HP drivers. The HP version using the same drivers as the M100. I think the HP option is, to be frank, a waste of money, and that's why I bought V4 non-HP M80's. But....there have been others on this site who said the HP versi
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Right here Right now ... new Denon HT amp by oakvillematt @ Today at 11:43 AM

If you want to look at historically, the move over to DVD was really a forced issue as the studio's stopped making VHS tapes. The kicker to it was that a VHS took far more money to make than a DVD but still sold in the stores for generally 1/2 the p
Technical Questions
I was lucky to have a WAF of 150% actually she wants more stuff in our HT decicated room.. I actually had to have her slow down a wee bit...
Technical Questions
Matt You know in the consumer electronics there will always be a new thing or new tech , just like cars every year there is a new model with small changes, I can remember when there was dolby 2.0 and when dobly 5.1 came out everyone was saying 5 spea
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Right here Right now ... new Denon HT amp by oakvillematt @ Today at 10:06 AM

Not saying that the studio's aren't going to try and ram it down the general public's throat. It will be more like 3D movies. I won't go to see them and would rather see it in 2d. How many here went out and bought a 3D TV just because they said it
Technical Questions
I remember thats what they said when 7.1 came out, I think that if dolby & Dts came out with this new ceiling codec and all the major avr & speaker & movie theater have something comming out this,it's not just a fad rather it will be here
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Right here Right now ... new Denon HT amp by oakvillematt @ Today at 07:09 AM

Another move into the ultra niche market. Lets face it, the average consumer is sitting happy with thier DVD player, but most likely getting their movies from a streaming source like netflix, Amazon or Apple. The higher end consumer has their blu-r
Technical Questions
DTS-X moves launch event from march to April 9th read it here http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/DTS-X-..._medium=twitter
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

Good stuff on the new M60's! Does it help to know I will have to carry the M100's and even the EP800 myself? Actually, at 110 pounds, the EP-800 is remarkably easy to move around compared to most "beast" subs.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by bridgman @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

I forgot we're talking to the man who put the "sub" in "craigsub" In a moment of weakness I just pulled the trigger on some non-HP B-stock M60 v4's, so assuming I feel up to carrying a pair of M60s up and down the stairs yet aga
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

After seeing the specs on the woofer in the M100, it was pretty clear it would make for a nice, 32 Hz subwoofer. Somewhere on the Axiom site, there is a pic of an EP-100 using this driver (just one) in a compact sub ... so an M100 has three, which
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Pre-Amp or get an older used one by bridgman @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Heck, I drive through Brooklin every day. Next time you need something picked up from way out east just let me know
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by bridgman @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Interesting question. I've tried sub/small speaker vs full range speakers a few times and was never impressed with the sub (crossover artifacts seem to outweigh ability to go lower) but in hindsight I think the room was always getting in the way. +1
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

To throw an idea into the M80/HP/100 mix, what about adding in the question for the article. 'Do you need a sub for audio?' As these big boys start to get down to a level that a budget class sub will max out at. So you can answer the question of i
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Pre-Amp or get an older used one by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 09:35 PM

I ended up taking the long drive out to Brooklin and picked up the Marantz AV7005. Now I just have to get the room in which it will reside finished so I can start to enjoy it.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: /any PC gamers out there? by huskydave @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

I use skullcandy earphones with built in amp/subwoofers for games works very well but stereo only but most of the time run pc through hdmi out on graphics card to avr to tv. I use Skype to talk to my friends in games just leave it open in the backro
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

Michael - I should add, if Ian and/or Andrew wanted to have some comparisons done between the M80's and M100, I am all for this as well. I have really missed doing the reviews and "hanging out" with audio nuts.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

Michael - Good to see you, too! Thanks for the welcome back. Ian and Andrew could confirm this, but I think the M-80, M-80 HP and M-100 would sound pretty much identical, with the M80 HP having about 3 dB more output below 160 Hz than the M80, and t
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by michael_d @ Yesterday at 11:57 AM

Good seeing ya around again Craig! B&W, Paradigm, Wharfedale Opus 2.3ís are the ones that come to mind, but thatís only because Iíve owned or listened to each. Actually, what I think might be an even more interesting comparative test, would b
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 11:20 AM

I never liked Onkyo, but love Pioneer. I didn't know they bought Pioneer. That's gotta be a bad deal.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by mapatton @ Yesterday at 08:04 AM

Seeing this reminds me how glad I am I live in FL
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by Ken.C @ 03/29/15 09:19 PM

Have a look at accessories4less.com. They typically have very good deals and excellent customer service. I've bought several receivers from them.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.