AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
4 registered (BobKay, craigsub, oakvillematt, julian_y), 50 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,373 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,176 Topics
409,968 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17898
pmbuko 16339
SirQuack 13357
CV 11454
MarkSJohnson 11152
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by BobKay @ 5 minutes 48 seconds ago

Ha! The Greeks! You're going to default next Tuesday. Fine. We'll take a vote on it the following Sunday. No, we don't want any austerity measures (too late---$70 a day from an ATM is all you get), and we still want to retire at 50 with more incom
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by exlabdriver @ 31 minutes 15 seconds ago

I don't need no stinkin attention. I'm too old for that... TAM
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P. Chris Squire by BobKay @ Today at 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By tomtuttle I really fear that these inevitable artistic losses over the next decade are going to be a tremendous buzzkill. You ready my mind. Well, partly. I also thought we should have a "pool." Then I thought that
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by michael_d @ Today at 11:46 AM

Thanks guys! This is a learning adventure for me.... I was screwing around last with my current laptop, imagining using a pen to write on the screen. It's a downright PITA reaching across the keyboard for any involved pen work (like fratoring equatio
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by nickbuol @ Today at 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By MarkSJohnsonI think it's an attention-getting tactic from TAM! Agreed. (Same happening for me too.)
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by MarkSJohnson @ Today at 10:26 AM

I think it's an attention-getting tactic from TAM!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by Socketman @ Today at 10:22 AM

yup
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by MarkSJohnson @ Today at 10:00 AM

I'm going to seriously derail this, but I'm curious: Has anyone else found, with this thread only, that if they click to show only NEW posts in this thread, they are brought to the first post instead?
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by Worfzara @ Today at 09:57 AM

I have been following this website with interest. Seems like the more I read on this subject the more I learn how much I don't know. http://arqen.com/sound-diffusers/faq/?aw...amp;omhide=true
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: So how do you 'sub crawl' two units? by nickbuol @ Today at 09:49 AM

I have a whole "cheat sheet" of all of those critical numbers. LOL Compiled key numbers over the years so that I wouldn't have to remember them all. Now if I can just remember where I saved them. Maybe in my email....
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by nickbuol @ Today at 09:48 AM

Yeah, but there are those blind lemmings still... LOTS of them.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by Ajax @ Today at 07:41 AM

I put a 256 GB SSD in my desktop 21 months ago with the same trepidation you are experiencing, Mike. Seemed mighty small to me. I have no idea what you like to load on your computer, but, I tend to install new programs every week. In addition to m
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by casey01 @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

Well done! For this dope DeScala to think he has any credibility left in the A/V field, at least to those in the know, he clearly is living in some sort of alternate reality. If you really want to have a laugh, check out some of their video review
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by craigsub @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

This quote from Gene is priceless: "Our subwoofer measurement procedure sets the industry standard for objectively evaluating subwoofer performance" Their "procedure" was to hire Paul Apollonio and then Josh Ricci to do the CEA
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 10:41 PM

Axiom must be on their mind. Another long dormant thread resurrected for no good reason - subs this time: http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/axiom-subs.89250/ Check out my 'Signature Block' in Post #3 from Feb 2014. That is about the se
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by Socketman @ Yesterday at 10:08 PM

Micheal, I think most people with laptops tend to store stuff on their local network or in the cloud. For myself I have a bunch of desktops for storage and tend not to keep much on my laptop. I bought a 17" HP Envy about a year ago and its a gr
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by casey01 @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By billy pI took issue with Gene rehashing the same old material by activating a pretty much dormant thread. Needless to say it was quickly edited(not by me though) to avoid me getting banned...fwiw...I really don't care as I'm fair
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by craigsub @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By nickbuolOriginally Posted By Serenity_NowI'm baffled. It doesn't even seem to be new content he woke the thread up for. It's Gene. He doesn't make much sense in anything that he does. Unless you consider horrifically ba
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by michael_d @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

Well I tend to keep cumputors longer than most, I suspect. Well the laptop anyway. I've had the one I use now for five years. It is pretty slow and clunky running the programs I use now, but that's not saying much. It says pentium T3400 processor. 2G
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by onn @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

The sound was loud for me but thanks to the ear plugs I brought, I could enjoy the show. It was held in a small theatre at the U of A campus. I should add that my seat was 4 rows from the speaker bank.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 08:32 PM

Does anyone here have any experience with diffusion? DIY or otherwise. I'm finding a lot of conflicting info online. I'm trying to figure out if polycylindrical diffusers need to be a certain dimension/depth the be useful from midrancge frequencie
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by billy p @ Yesterday at 08:00 PM

I took issue with Gene rehashing the same old material by activating a pretty much dormant thread. Needless to say it was quickly edited(not by me though) to avoid me getting banned...fwiw...I really don't care as I'm fairly sure I done with that for
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

Anthony Grimani, Ethan Winer and Scott Wilkinson are voices my wife now recognizes. Sunday morning "church of research" on the oppo.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

I became "a little shameful behavior in the past" and red lined rep for things I said HERE! A little bird ran and told him He said. My activity ceased there. Hi Gene spies.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: So how do you 'sub crawl' two units? by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 04:00 PM

Front to back ideal seating distance locations for bass in a rectangular room are: Length dimension x 0.2, 0.32, 0.45, 0.55, 0.68, 0.8 The worst is dead center. Rule of thumb, dont be dead center or smooshed against the back wall. Brwsaw and Nic
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.