Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-888-352-9466 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog
Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,368 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,137 Topics
409,180 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17881
pmbuko 16335
SirQuack 13356
CV 11437
MarkSJohnson 11106
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by BobKay @ 05/26/15 05:22 PM

Would someone ask Mark to PM me? I have him blocked.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Removing stickers before staining by BobKay @ 05/26/15 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By Serenity_NowI figured I'd go with your advice cause you are in the know. The kisses and hugs confused me. Are you off your meds? Call someone an asshole, quick!! Good Ole Bob. Thanks for looking out! They were for everyo
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by MarkSJohnson @ 05/26/15 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By BobKay Edit: Of course, I'm still counting those who have me "blocked." Did someone say something?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Removing stickers before staining by Serenity_Now @ 05/26/15 05:15 PM

I figured I'd go with your advice cause you are in the know. The kisses and hugs confused me. Are you off your meds? Call someone an asshole, quick!! Good Ole Bob. Thanks for looking out!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by BobKay @ 05/26/15 05:14 PM

Whoa! There are 5 people online simultaneously. Lately, there have been that set of "hips" quite a lot, as in, Who's Online (). Edit: Of course, I'm still counting those who have me "blocked."
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Removing stickers before staining by BobKay @ 05/26/15 05:06 PM

TREVOR! DO NOT DO THOSE THINGS! They will leave residue behind in the pores and grain lines of the wood. That's exactly what you are trying to avoid! Since it's all about poison at this point, if the den. alc. and some gentle sanding doesn't work, g
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by mrspeeed @ 05/26/15 02:50 PM

TroyD, I wanted to comment on a point you made with Axiom pricing itself with the competition. I agree. I am in the same boat with you starting over and I am also doing a 7.2.4 with 4 in-ceiling speakers. A few years ago Axiom would have been my d
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Help me plan a trip to Montreal. by MarkSJohnson @ 05/26/15 01:27 PM

Chris, that's essentially what I did for the last Axiom bash. Joyce and I drove to Niagara Falls for a couple of days, then I drove up to Axiom. After Axiom, I came home via Ottawa, Quebec, and entered northern VT. I enjoy driving, and my trip was
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Help me plan a trip to Montreal. by Adrian @ 05/26/15 12:54 PM

I agree with the "one or the other" comments, too much driving. If it were me, I'd hit Niagara for a couple of days, then head to Toronto for the "mythical Asian markets" which are abundant in the world's most multicultural city
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Help me plan a trip to Montreal. by exlabdriver @ 05/26/15 12:45 PM

Jeez, our annual fall road trips encompass 3000 to 5000 miles, taking 2 to 3 weeks & we luv it!! Mind you our trips are out on the lonely roads of the Desert SW & we avoid big cities whenever we can. We picnic at lunch & motel it for ac
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Help me plan a trip to Montreal. by real80sman @ 05/26/15 12:05 PM

That is a crazy amount of driving. I would definitely choose one or the other, as most of the stretch from NF to Montreal is long and has nothing to see. But then again, I would have 3 kids in a mini-van. Neither are exactly ideal for an "exc
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by J. B. @ 05/26/15 10:19 AM

it all depends on what you listen to and at what level. the most difficult tracks to play usually are some movies played at Ref. Level: Super 8: 122 dB max - (446 W/ch. front L-R) / total Watts for my 6.1 setup is 1275 Watts. WOTW: 122 dB max 300:
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by 7800 @ 05/26/15 10:07 AM

I myself will be building a new home with a dedicated 13x18 room. It makes sense to hear and treat that room before making any equipment changes. I should also find out how much power the rear channels can handle. I assume it has to be less than the
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Help me plan a trip to Montreal. by Lampshade @ 05/26/15 09:30 AM

My wife wants me to take her to Canada next month. We live near Boston. She wants to drive to Niagra Falls and then to Montreal and then back home. For about a week. I am not crazy about the idea. Seems like too much driving. I am telling her she c
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by oakvillematt @ 05/26/15 06:17 AM

I have a pair of LFR1100 and have it hooked up to an Anthem MCA5ii amp @ 250w / channel. As my amp only has 5 channels and i wanted to give 7.1 a try I picked up a pair of AudioSource AmpOne/A @ 170w / channel. I have tried hooking up the LFR's t
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by Serenity_Now @ 05/26/15 04:53 AM

Going to pro amps? Ie Crown, QSC. Your room is smallish and you are already in great headroom territory. Your P777 is beyond the realm of question when it comes to quality/performance. Improvements in your setup will now come from decreasing roo
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Removing stickers before staining by Serenity_Now @ 05/26/15 04:39 AM

Here I was thinking summer hiatus had began and you guys spring into action. Thanks! I'll try the denatured alcohol first.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.